Antenna / receive problem, Toyota Camery

Bronze Member
Username: Graeme_k

Somerville, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 37
G'Day all
I have a receive issue with the replacement Pioneer DEH-P8650MP head unit in our Camery Sortivo, the antenna is located in the back window (like the rear heater demister)and is horizontal, this didn't seem a problem with the original double din head unit, but the pioneer struggles to keep a stereo signal on FM stations.
All wiring has been checked and if I put my hand on the back window reception increases / decreases accordingly.
Not sure how to get around this problem, as FM is transmitted vertically, I guess as a last resort drilling a hole and mounting a new antenna would fix it ! but does anyone have a better solution ? would a booster at the back window help ?

Thanks in advance Graeme K

Anonymous

Check to see if your antenna is powered. When I switched from factory to an aftermarket head unit, I needed a special antenna adapter. This was not only for size, but also to give the antenna power when the radio was on, so I'd get a better signal. They had a non-powered version that they tried to give me first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
There are a couple of extra wires coming from the original HU and disappearing into the wiring loom that I have no idea what thay are for so I will follow the ant lead all the way back to the rear window and see if I can find some sort of booster. hopefully its not in the HU !
Thanks for your help I will post the results.
GK

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Yep, there is an antenna booster hidden away at the back window, found the black wire feed, supplied 12 volts from the remote switch wire on the HU and it all works perfecto.

Thanks Anonymous for your help, Regards Graeme K
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us