Alternator noise

nnnnick b.
Unregistered guest
There is a wine coming through my rear speakers and through my subs(they are hooked up the the rear rca pre-outs on the HU. The wine only comes through the subs when i jack the LP crossover up to 250.)But its only in the rear speakers. How do i get rid of this annoyance. Any suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 104
Here's what I've been told the problem could be:

- Bad ground connection
- RCA cables coming to close to power cables (ie. running up the same side of the car).
- Gain turned up too high
- Amps mounted on seatbacks have a magnetic field which grounds out on the metal in the seat back.

This is what people keep telling me!

Anonymous

check and remove any and all paint from the piece of metal where yur grounds are at, i did this and it fixed my alternator whirr

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 356
The most common cause is a bad ground. So I always sugest you redo all of them, including the head unit.

Next thing is to check your rca wires.

If it isn't one of those then try swaping out your amp, and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't slave in a new deck.

Ok I have to ask, magnetic feild in the seat? Who in the world told you that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
I dunno man I thought the magnetic field in the seat was retarded too.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 370
???? Wow, yeah I find that one to be a little off. Not hatin, on you mike, I know you were just tring to help.

If you remember who it was please tell me. I would love to see some pics of his install, or here his story about the gremlin that cut thru his power wire (that happened to be ran thru the door)

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
To tell you the truth I think it was some goof at a rinky dink car audio shop where his top of the line car audio line was Audiobahn. That's why I posted it to see if you guys felt the same way I did about that being total bullshit. Jeremy it's all good man!

Gasswolf
Unregistered guest
i'm dumb

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
Glass it wasn't you that told me..............was it? No there's no way. Well if that is one of the things that you are telling people I'm sorry. I just thought that it was unrealistic. Oh well sorry to whomever I unintentionally offend on this board!

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 372
Mike thats not glass, notice the unregistered.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
man I'm out of it today!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us