Freezing weather + audio equipment = ????

Anonymous

hey everyone, its the winter months now and being from Canada it gets pretty damn cold out here. I was wondering if freezing temperatures affect amps and subs. Since I don't have a hatchback, there's never any heat in the trunk. would this be a big problem or should I just take it easy on those cold days??

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 21
As long as you let your equiptment warm up it should be fine. Taking it easy wouldn't hert either:-)

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 14
You ought to be able to tell when your subs need to warm up on those cold days. They'll sound tight & unresponsive.
I haven't had any problems yet, but I haven't been bumpin' on the -30 days.
Where in Canada are you?

Anonymous

I'm from little old Charlottetown, PEI. how bout you?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 993
Cold weather WILL affect your sub/amp/tweeters etc. You will notice that on warm days (summer), the bass and highs will pound and sound sharper. When it's freezing, the bass will sound a bit slow along with tweeters producing some distortion. It happens to me all the time when it's below -15 out.

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 17
Near Barrie, Ontario. Getting ploughed with snow today. . .

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 22
Hay Isaac, how cold does it have to be befor it start's to effect my stuff. I live in Texas so it doesn't get below 20 degrees much.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1007
In my car, when outside hits -15C or lower, my tweeters start to distort, 18" sub respond slower and produce less bass, the amp seems to put out less power etc. But once the inside cabin warms up to room temp, everything's back to normal.

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 27
Ok thank's. I was just wondering, and it doesn't get that cold here so I don't have to wory.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us