Mono or 2 channels

PsykoSomatic
Unregistered guest
if all i am running are 2 subwoffers would it make a differance if i was running a mono amp that had about 600 rms or if i was using a 2 channel amp with each channel about 300 rms if the subs that i am using are alpine 1221D 300 rms subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 18
No difference. The mono amp will work less so better in the long runn.

Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 10
Mono amps are ussualy for just subs right? But why do they work better in the long run if they push out the most power? Will it be cleaner?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 999
Mono amps are for subs. There is no advantage of a mono vs stereo when it comes to sound. However, there are different types of amps. Class D are for subs, class AB can be used for full range and subs.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 139
yeh and youre better off running class d amps if youre running a low ampere charging system. Class AB tends to take more power to run than class D's. I think its something like 20% amps more than clas D

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 375
Class A/B is about 60% effeciant, and class D is about 80% effeciant. However as I saac said you only want to use class D for subs. The way it amplifies the music is diffrent than a class A/B. This diffrence in methods, is why a class D introduces alot of distortion which is very easy to hear on mids and highs. However it isn't near as noticable on subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us