2 Alpine Type X 12's what amp can i get to match it

Username: Alpineblaster

Post Number: 1
right now i have a performance Teknique 2000 watt amp that is stable at 1 ohm but every time i try to bridge the subs it cuts of when the bass gets to high. so i figure im gonna need a powerful amp at 2ohms instead of one but i dont know which one becuase i dont trust any of the power ratings. can somebody please help me!

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 326
Yeah, those amps look like BS to me. What's your budget for the amp?
The best amp I can think to power those subs is probably BPX2200.1, but you'll have to turn the gain down a bit not to blow the subs. It's under $700 on ebay.

You may even get away with one GTO1201.1 or 1200.1 if you can find it, givining each woofer ~650-700W a piece. Also, kicker kx1200.1.

Memphis16-mc1500D would also be a perfect match.

Orion 1200D. RF T20001BD may be enough.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 325
what about the mtx 1501 that would save some $ also

Post Number: 3
thanks and your rite i think that amp is bs but im running a budget of about 375$ any ideas?

Post Number: 4
i need somethng that will give at least 800 watts per channel any ideas at two ohms also unless there is something that is 1/2 ohm stable

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 330
No, that MTX amp is only 2 ohm stable and at 4ohms it wouldn't do the subs justice. A budget oriented option is the audiobahn DUB line...DUB1800D. Kicker KX1200.1 should be alright as well. I recommend you use a 2 cu. ft. per side sealed box for those subs. I think you should get this one though...Memphis 16-MC1000D amp, $425 shipped on eBay. Also, orion 1200D is good.
So just pick between those 2 or the RF amp i mentioned above. That audiobahn would be a great match for the subs as well.

Post Number: 5
thanks man ive been looking forevr but i get confused with the power ratings becuase some amps under rate and others overrate so it makes it hard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us