NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING

sCcivic
Unregistered guest
i have a 98' honda civic ex and it only has speakers in the front two doors. I was thinking of buying the sony xplod 6's for the doors and the xplod 6x9's for the rear deck. I have no clue if this is a good setup and if its not can someone suggest one that is better. THANKS GUYS.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7187
ok, so you're aware, Sony sucks.
Sony is the worst thing in car audio there is.

if you want decent speakers consider brands like CDT, Infinity, or MB Quart.

bail
Unregistered guest
I personally think sony speakers sound really flat. Thats not to say you will.. but i'd say.. if there is a circuit city or best buy in your area.. go listen for yourself. Before i'd make a suggestion, do you have a specific udget for speakers?

sCcivic
Unregistered guest
Ok then..sony sucks...that helps alot im only 15 so my budget is fairly small. I was hoping for mabye a whole system for less than $500....i've read some of the posts from Glasswolf and he really seems to know what he is talking about...I'm just a typical teenager and i want my car to be loud. It already has been modified a little but it still has the stock system

sCcivic
Unregistered guest
Ok then..sony sucks...that helps alot im only 15 so my budget is fairly small. I was hoping for mabye a whole system for less than $500....i've read some of the posts from Glasswolf and he really seems to know what he is talking about...I'm just a typical teenager and i want my car to be loud. It already has been modified a little but it still has the stock system

sCcivic
Unregistered guest
come on people help me out here

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 96
500 bucks... Hmmm... Give me a minute then I will post some choices

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7191
dude calm down.
sometimes it takes us a day or two to respond.
the whole world isn't a giant instant messenger.

how sony stuff sounds isn't the issue per se.
it's the build quality. very poor, cheap junk.
their performance is lousy as well, but that's another matter. accuracy is poor as well.

Infinity Reference, while not the greatest speakers made, are built much better and are about the same price as sony.
ebay has tons of them for cheap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
http://www.ikesound.com/category-category_id/115
I recommend Alpine Type R components for your front doors. 6x9 Type R's on rear deck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
woofersetc.com for the components

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7203
type R comps are very nice, but I figured out of his price range if he's 15 and looking at $30 sony components.

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 85
500.00 for a complete system amps wiring front and rear speakers and Deck or just amp and speaker. Be a little more specific and you might get some good feed back.

sCcivic
Unregistered guest
im looking at 500 for two 6's two 6x9's some subs and an amp to power it all.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 383
Hay civic why don't you try this out. Its small but it will give you a good start.

Find a decent deck, and A nice 4 chanel amp. Then get one 10 or 12 inch sub. Hook the two front chanels to the 6.5 in the doors, and bridge the rear chanels on a single sub. Don't worry about 6/9s or a seprate sub amp for now. You can always get a second sub, some 6/9s and a new amp to push you subs later. When you do take the back chanels of you 4 chanel and hook them to the 6/9s.

I have heard this type of set up sugested before for people with a tight budget. Over all it will give you the best start, and alow for expancion in the future.

sCcivic
Unregistered guest
thank you for the suggestion it seems like a logical place to start and i think that will be one of my main options. feel free to expand on this because im trying to learn as much as possible

Bronze Member
Username: Bnh142

Post Number: 45
Look here http://www.bcae1.com/ for a ton of info on car audio. If you get through this site you will know more than most people here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us