NEED HELP QUICK!!! SOOOO Confused!

Username: Alina16

Burbank, IL USA

Post Number: 1
I have a 1200 watt Sony Xplode Amp and 2 12in. Subs...When we first installed them, they worked for about 5 min. then the amp turned off...So I thought the amp broke, so I got a new one, we installed that, it worked for a couple min. then turned off.!!! What is going on???

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 343
Probably wired wrong, or your gain is set two high.

How many voice coils do your subs have, and what ohm are they?
We also need to know how you have them wired.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 253
it could be either a loose connection or the ohm load of your speakers is too low. what kind of speakers are they and are they dual 2 ohm or 4ohm?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 254
beet me to it. alina was the amp hot after the five min. it ran

Burbank, IL USA

Post Number: 2
They are dual 4 ohm...but it works at first like right when it gets hooked up pounds for a couple minutes and the green light on the amp goes off and the subs stop working...

Burbank, IL USA

Post Number: 3
No, the amp didn't get hot. The music plays and the bass is going, but after a couple of min. the amp just shuts off

Burbank, IL USA

Post Number: 4
I checked all of the wires with a 12 volt checker light thing, and everything lit up ok, but the amp won't turn on. Is it maybe the ground wire? Can that keep the amp from turning on right?

Bronze Member
Username: Gunit777

Post Number: 21
Check the ground and the remot wire and power those are the only things that have to do with the amp power. Also make sure the protection does not come on and the bass isn't all the way up.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 257
yeah try hooking it up to another spot. try wiring the subs ina series. and see if it works.

Burbank, IL USA

Post Number: 5
Ok...I have a saturn sc2 which is mostly plastic, but on the inside of the trunk at the top of it, there is where I put the ground wire. The remote wire is attatched to the cd deck and goes back and hooks into where the remote wire goes. When I checked the remote wire and the ground wire with the 12 volt checker thing they lit up. When i checked the ground wire it wasn't as bright as it was with the remote wire...Could that be my problem and could this cause it to go on, but turn off later?

Burbank, IL USA

Post Number: 6
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm a little slow and i have no clue how to do anything with this stuff!

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 259
okay i kinda had the same prob. are there bolts that hold the lil hydrolics shocks (or whatever they are called) that hold your trunk open, and if so are they metal? if so then try hooking your ground wire to that and see what happens. it looks ghetto, but it might work. and then you will know if it is your ground wire. sorry if it doesnt make much sense.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 260
your trunk hinges

Bronze Member
Username: Gunit777

Post Number: 24
Thats a really good spot Hunter......that didnt even enter my mind.

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 36
I have a saturn sl2 and in the trunk I found an awesome place to ground stuff. When you open the trunk, look straight down and off to your right or left and look for 2 bolts(should be 2 on each side). You can loosen the nuts on these, and they work perfect for grounding.

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 37
oh, by the way, they might be hidden underneath the carpeting a little bit.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 95
Sounds like your remote wire but could be your ground... either turn your gain all the way down and see if it (The Amp) lights up or just select a new ground.

Burbank, IL USA

Post Number: 7
Thanks guys the ground wire was in the wrong spot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us