High output alternators

Username: Fookrux

Post Number: 2
Does anyone know where to get a high output alternator for a 2001 mazda 626 2.0L 4 cyclinder.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1077
eBay may have some.
or, try any local starter and alternator shop.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
yeah i agree with glasswolf and if where you live is large enough you may be better off having a local rebuilder just change yours that way you know it fits and is oem quality as far as the case is concerned. basically you just want the "trio" which is diode, regulator and rectifier and actually if your local rebuilder can get those for you and you know something about mechanics and have access to an impact you can do it yourself and its pretty easy especially with an air impact. but in any event id go local first and keep your windings and case plus if you have any issues or problems you can resolve it locally.
jay

canam
Unregistered guest
Can-Am motors in tampa florida will fit any import with a 200 amp alternator in kit form cmotors2@tampabay.r.com

canam
Unregistered guest
cmotors2@tampabay.rr.com

Unregistered guest
there are so many REAL alternator suppliers/manufacturters out there now, why would you waste ANY time or money on a local yoakle? Just type in "high output alternators" onto your favorite search engine and hang on.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2210
because a lot of local shops can rebuild an alternator to high output very well, not to mention fabricate mounts, install them, and tune them to work with modern computer managed engines.
also usually pretty cheaply.

Username: Junglist_samo

Post Number: 1
Yo... I wouldn't bash the local shops. I got hooked up with my deep cycle batt and 110 amp Denso alternator. He also pointed out some tips for wiring and installing after working on a same model car I have. He saved me a lot of time and my car runs nice.

H-O-Rick
Unregistered guest
http:www.H-O-Alternators.com has alternators for almost any car made.

Unregistered guest
I had heard that the "local guys" just rewind the guts and pull a couple loops of wire out of the windings which gives higher voltage..... but way bad alternator electical "noise". After checking the local shops and getting quotes for "rebuilding" my alternator up to 130amps using rewound stuff I checked around and found these guys......................... www.highoutputalternator.com. They actually used a larger "case" than stock, with new components and therefor, higher output (210 amps!) that worked with my cars computer. And it bolted right in, no hassles. They don't sell direct so I had to convince a local audio place to buy it for me...........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us