Which amp to power one adire shiva?

Bronze Member
Username: Vwbug1971

Warren, Nj

Post Number: 12
I've heard their great subs and i'm gonna try one. What amp is decently priced and will really pump the shiva?
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 30
try an mtx

Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 1
From what I read, they are hard to come by. On the manufactures website they are backordered.

I believe the 12" Shiva is what 500wRMS?
I guess you couldnt go wrong with something like a JL 500/1.. but there are alot of options.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 328
you need no more than 300W for the shiva. That JL can easily push 2 shivas. MTX 801D should be great for it.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 327
if you get one you are going to need a 2 channel amp. if you get 2 you only need a mono. they are dual 8 ohm subs. you can only wire them down to 4 ohms. either get a 2 channel that bridges to 300rms or buy 2 shivas and buy a mono 600rms amp.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 331
That information is incorrect. You can run 1 or 2 subs with either 1 or 2 channel amp. You just have to match up the impedance to make sure the amp can handle it. Kicker KX600.1 would be a terrific match for that sub and if you get another one, it'll supply just as much power to the 2nd sub.

Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 6
Yeah I was wondering about John Smiths post... why would you need a 2 channel amp to run a single sub?

I was under the impression that mono block amps are good if you are just supplying power to subs, and no speakers.

Anonymous

because john smith is a te$ticle head.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2933
From a budget standpoint, it makes sense to buy a 2 channel amp if you only buy one Shiva. Assuming you only bought one Shiva, it's cheaper to buy a 2 channel amp that does the rated power on a bridged load than it is to buy a mono amp and run a 4 ohm load on it. The Shiva will run well on either, it's just a matter of how much you want to spend. The 2 channel amp, being AB, would offer better sound quality than a mono amp, but draw more current doing it.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 332
2 channel amps cost more than mono amps?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us