Question on home audio?(Glass,fryguy,anybody with experience)

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 124
i read your thread on car audio in a house. Iread your post saying that it sounds lousy. But i have 2 12" subs in my house. And they need 150e rms each. SInce you said that car audio sounds kind of lousy in a house do you know any home audio amps or receivers that i can use to give my subs the power they want

Bronze Member
Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 21
I am also trying to get a Hi-Fi Home theater Amplifier.Unfortunately it is not available here in my country.If i try to find,It will cost too much...You Can't attach your car Subs with any home sterio amplifier because they have 4 ohm's impedence and too low of an ohm load will cause the amplifier damage.
usually home sterio amplifiers use 8 ohm's
load for speakers/Subs...
I don't think that car audio in house make sound lousy...It just depend on your audio Hardware and
powersupply.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7147
sure
go to www.partsexpress.com
look at the stuff for building your own subs for home theater. they sell premade enclosures, plate amplifiers in your approximate size, and all that.
pretty cheap too.
the subs will probably work fine in home, but 12 volt amplifiers, head units, and component speakers just don't do well.. my comment was mostly in reference to people taking a whole system out of a car and thinking it'll sound good wired together in a big room. it never works out well.
subs themselves, depending on the TS specs, can do fine in car or home.
Adire is a good example. their subs are all designed primarily for home theater applications.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 130
thanx glass, and for ahmer i can wire my subs to my home stereo. I have 2 4ohm svc subs. And i wired it in series which gave me a 8 ohm load. And have both on 1 channel. There ok but my stereo is only giving each sub like 11-20w rms each. You can also do this with 1 4ohm dvc. Wire it in series which will give you a 8 ohm load. ANd 2 2ohm dvc and youll get a 8ohm load.

Bronze Member
Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 25
If you are connecting both of the Subs in series
thier impedence must be 8 ohm ,but if it is a 2 channel sterio amlifier you will need one more pair of subs...I think that It will only show amzing home theater,how can you power all subs which they want...what is the peak power of your amplifier...?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us