Help Hooking up amp, speakers

Unregistered guest
Hi...I recently bought a pair of Boston RC620s, as well as an eclipse EA3535 5 channel amp to put in my x-cab tacoma. I plan on using 4 channels to run the fronts, leave the stock rears directly to the head unit (basically useless), and eventually use the 5th channel for a 12" sub.

I have a few questions...1. the previous owner left their power cable connected to the battery. I think it's 4 guage. Tweeter said I should go up a step...do you agree? 2. To bridge the fronts: left goes +front left to -rear left, right goes +front right to -rear right. (this is how the terminals are labeled) Is this correct? 3. I know that sub boxes are dependant on the sub, but does anyone know where I can get plans for a truck box for possibly a JL 12W0?

Thanks, and any advice for hooking this up (your own advice or links...I know there are a lot within verious threads already) are appreciated.

John

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1058
1: I'd use the four channel amp for fronts/rears, not bridged, myself, or if you do bridge the amp to 3 channels, forget rear fill entirely.
It's useless in a truck anyway and ruins your soundstage completely.

2: 4AWG is fine for up to 150A, which is far more tahn you'll draw with a single 5 channel amplifier.
If it's 8AWG in the car then use you want to go up to 4AWG.

3: JL has plans for their subs right on their site in PDF format for download.

4: a 12W0 will handle up to 125wRMS.

5: yes you're correct on bridged mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us