Pretty sure, but not exactly

Bronze Member
Username: Smhuosrktays

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 30
Ok, I have my 4 chnl. amp hooked up to my 2 rear speakers(everything is connected corretly, + 2 + and - 2 -). When the volume is turned up too loud, a message(failure) appears until I press any button. I looked it up in the manual and it says that the speakers are connected wrong. I'm wondering if maybe I have the gain turned up too much, and maybe this could be the cause of the message showing up.
Also, when I fade to the rear speakers(R|______F), the volume gets extremely low, but when its in the middle(R____|____F), it sounds fine. Anyone know what the cause of this is?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 269
How is it connected? Need to know more about the setup. What kind of amp? All 4 channels to 2 speakers? What about the front speakers? You can only fade if you actually run 2 sets of RCA's from HU.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6978
as for the fading, your F and R RCAs at the head unit or amp may be switched.
The gain does sound like it may be too high, causing teh amp to go into protection due to clipping.
It's possible it's also from a lack of current to the amplifier causing clipping as well.

Bronze Member

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 31
Im only using 2 channels at the moment, I haven't taken the time to hook up the front two speakers with the other 2 channels. Im running 2ga from the battery and then 4 ga to each of my amps, and I have a HO alt(180a), so I dont think its a lack of current.
Im not really sure if the RCA's can be backwards, im using http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCCPDT45 for my 4 chnl.

Bronze Member

Rochester, New York USA

Post Number: 32
Its all good now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us