A couple questions

Username: Danksta408

Post Number: 1
After researching many different and subwoofers, I have come to somewhat of a conclusion. I just want you all to tell me what you think of the combo. I plan to get two Infiniti Kappa 120.3DVC woofers, and wire that to a a Kenwood Excelon KacX811D amp.

Oh and one other quick question, how safe is it to purchase car audio equipment off of ebay, could maybe some reccomend a good seller?

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 12
I can't really comment on the setup that you are getting, but I tell you about my experiences with ebay.

A couple people on the post here have not had good experiences with ebay, but I've had no problem. You just have to make sure that you know what you are getting and get things in writing(email) and make a judgement on the rating of the seller (I usually look at 97% and above).

I e-mail the seller and ask them about the condition of the item, if there are any problems I should know about, what the item you are buying was originally apart of (like what subs were hooked up to the amp/what amp was hooked up to the subs). I try to get the seller to say that the item is in good working condition in the e-mail so if there are any problems, I have proof of their word if worse comes to worse.

So far, I've had no problems doing this....hope this helps

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6901
feedback is a good indicator of sellers. if you buy 'new' from ebay usually you do alright. buying used for audio gear is very tricky.. amps and subs can be blown or damaged, so be sure to use shipping insurance and if you can, pay using paypal and a credit card. that gives you several paths to resolve if you encounter trouble, such as a charge-back as a last resort.

the Infinity subs are good. I'm not very fond of Kenwood though. poor reliability. Especially for sub amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us