Mtx amp doesnt work.

Bronze Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 23
This amp stopped working about a month or go so. its a mtx thunder 6500. 500 watts rms mono. I opened up the amp and it looks fine. It also has 3 25 amp fuses on the outside. Can these fuses blow to prevent damage to the amp?

I also have a RF 800a2. Also blew that one up. Opened it up and a resistor came off. Must've blew. Could this resistor be the problem to the amp not working. I want to get some inputs before i try fixing anything.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6853
you sure it's a resistor that came off of that RF amp?
www.bcae1.com sells a (very affordable) CD that is an amplifier repair tutorial disc well worth buying if you plan to learn to do your own repairs.

yes the fuses can blow to protect the amplifier and should be the first thing checked.
if you don't know what you're doing, as an electrician or electronics repairman, please don't fool around inside of the amplifiers though. you could cause more damage or even injure yourself.
your best bet is to take the amps into a radio and TV repair shop and let a qualified tech look at them and get them back in working order.
then find out what you did to blow them in the first place so you can avoid future problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us