Audiobahn flame amps any good?

elpino
Unregistered guest
are those audiobahn amps with the flames on them any good? are they good enough to run on jl audio w7s? somebody please let know if the audiobahn amps are good or cheap. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Phx

Post Number: 15
those flames are enough to keep me away from audiobahn

Bronze Member
Username: Djeter108

IN USA

Post Number: 60
if you're paying for w7s don't cheat urself on a piece of crap amp

djeter109
Unregistered guest
why even question it???..do you have a w7???ohhh ok then, it doesnt matter. and to answer your question, no that amp and every other piece of equiptment audiobahn makes BLOWS!

Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 6
audiobahn may be sh1t. but in england, where im from its very highly rated and expensive. its like $150 for a bog standard 400w rms 12" sub. and one of thoshe flame amps would set you back like $700. it is however good compared to all the other sh1t we have over hear. like splx, jbl and sony explod. brands like jl audio and diamond are unheard of over hear

Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 7
let me correct myself a audiobahn flame amp 2300 hct would set you back $1400, from a decent british retailer

taylor17
Unregistered guest
That amp you just was talking about is a grate amp. I would highly recomend it. Most people on the thread's haven't owned audiobahn amp's, they are just repeating what they have read. With that a side, audiobahn isn't the best, sure a Jl amp would be better. To anser your question the audiobahn amp is a good amp. I have 3 of audiobahn's amp's and everyone who heres them love them. They are 3 to 4 years old, so they will also last.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6850
sadly audiobahn has very shady business practices, and their reliability isn't that good.
that aside, if the amp puts out the power you need, I guess that's what matters.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 249
I'm not sure what shady business practices means, but here're my 2 cents. I am running my A2300HCT at 1ohm and although I am unable to test its true abilities because of my 75A alternator, I can tell you that it's a great amp and if fed enough current it'll give you exactly what you want. I have their subs too - loud in a ported box and clean in a sealed. When I blew both of my subs by feeding them about 300W each and distorting them for over a year and a half, I contacted audiobahn warranty department. I had purcahsed my subs from an unauthorized dealer, so they didn't honor the warranty, but they did offer me to send them my subs and get brand new warrantied equipment at half price. I agree that they could've made the subs produce more than 13MM excursion out of that huge surround, but for under $100 it's a great buy. I can't and not going to argue with anyone, but I can tell you that amplifiers are audiobahn's strongest points. Isaac and I have the high current series amps and they're absolutely terrific. I have never heard of anyone owning one and using it on every day basis and saying that they aren't good amps. I say go with it, you will save a buck or 2.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
There reliability? Like I said I have 3 audiobahn amp's, they are 3/4 years old, if that isn't reliability I don't know what is.
Maby I just got the only good amp's audiobahn ever made. lol

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 250
I don't think so, I got the 4th one :-) But seriously, can someone get an audiobahn amp and post on here that it either fried, blew the subs, or didn't come close to delivering it's rated power?

taylor17
Unregistered guest
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 26
I have an Audiobahn a2200hct amp and I think that it really puts out the power. It is hooked up to one Audiobahn aw1208t 12" sub in a 2.5 cubic foot ported box and it really slams hard. For the money, I think that it is a really great buy.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 263
I think my point continues to be proven over and over. Audiobahn owners are happy with the money well spent. If you happen to every blow that A2200HCT, which I doubt, email audiobahn's warranty department and explain the situation. You'll be able to get a new product in exchange for the broken one for half the MSRP. If you get it from an authorized dealer, then as always, you're covered for a while. Enough about that. Talking about this is not going to make my amp blow any faster and no one else's audiobahn is not going to crap out or underperform either.

Username: 70el_co

Fort walton beach, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 8
have any body used an audiobahn amp for their highs & mids? i have infinity component systems and am thinking of an audiobanh 4002t

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 288
my friend has their 4" speakers. Sounds really good.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 940
Angel, I am using 8002T amp for my mid and highs. It almost sounds 2x better than my old amp. Somehow the mids and highs seem to sound much more clear with power. I find the Intake models work great as mid-high amp.
Josh Walton, you guys should revolt in England. You're playing 4x the normal cost here (North America). With your currency exchange, it should cost somewhere under 200 pounds!
I didn't know about Audiobahn's business practices till Glass told me, but as far as amp's concerned, mine is still chugging along. Not a hint of burning out/over heating/distorting.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 290
Isaac man, where have you been?? haha
I have a request for you. The A8002T is rated to do 800W x 1 @ 4ohm mono. See if you can hook it up to one of your subs and judge if you can actually get around 800W. I would exteremely appreciate it. Gonna wait for you to tell me how it goes so I can get that amp for my friend.

Silver Member

Post Number: 948
I've tested A8002T with my mid-high speakers. They sounded great. I would highly recommmend to anyone looking for that purpose. I didn't get to test it with my sub cause the amp I received had a fan problem. They're shipping me a new one in a week.
For $159 I paid, it was worth it. If you're going to use it with a sub, make sure you purchase the remote bass control. It doesn't come with this model since it's very cheap in price.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 294
find the link from a month or two ago where the kids audiobhan set up fried then caught on fire lol

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 295
true audio junkies resent audiobhan because most 16 yr olds buy it cause it looks shiny

audiobahn and ma audio both make decent products but they are all really inefficent from my experience.

I ordered a jbl amp and when it was out of stock they sent me an ma audio amp to test and it was terrible the hk 1997, i did look pretty cool though

dont believe people who say its the worst but dont believe the people who say its good-great equipment

however with the right install and planning even a blaupunkt or xplod system could sound ok its just all preference

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 303
Thanks Isaac. Are you gonna try and rin the sub off it when the new one comes?

Silver Member

Post Number: 958
Erik, no one ever said Audiobahn/MA Audio were the best, however, for certain price range, they do offer an alternative. You may disagree but 4125HCT is a good-great amp. I've been using it for a while now and still delivers. Can't remember that last time it even got hot. You talk about the amp catching fire, do you know the model number? I usually ignore stories that generalize. To me that doesn't help anyone.
Like I tell anyone that hates certain brand(s) without proof, list facts not rumors.
Audiobahn 8002T costs $139, and from my testing, it sounds great. You show me a better new amp around that price with similar spec. I'm open to suggestions.
If everyone had money growing on trees, I'm sure they'd all buy Orion/Zapco/RF/Kicker/JL/JBL/Alpine etc. But does that really help anyone with a small budget?
Unlike some, if Pyramid ever make a quality amp, I'd test it. That's what being a true hobbyist is all about.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 301
Isaac i posted exactly what you said, Im not disagreeing with you Audiobahn isnt great but its better than a lot of people on this board think

Some of their stuff is priced really low and it doesnt sound bad at all

I only refrenced the link about catching on fire because it was hilarious...

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 302
and JBL alpine kicker rf mtx etc are all priced decently

none of those brands you listed are even in the same ballpark (price and performance) as zapco

the audiobahn 8002T is 800 x 1 for 139
i just sold a brand new jbl bp 1200.1 for 240 and ive seen them go for 200

in my opinion jbl and mtx are cheap and well made amps that present a better option than audiobhan/ma

im glad you like your amp im not dissing it at all

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 304
Audiobahn - good amps, great prices, period.

Username: 88gtanotchback

Post Number: 5
well im very happy that atleast two ppl approve of audiobahn. im young two but ill tell you i didnt buy there subs for the "shiney" look. i bough them cause im doin a powerful budget system. these subs im getting are the alum12q (two 12's). there getting here soon and ive already asked this question but with actual audiobahn beleievers, what amp of audiobahns(or amps) would you two chose the power there. there 1000RMS each and run at 6 ohms.

jigga666
Unregistered guest
price and performance???what the hell are you talking about???if you have an alpine amp, say for instance the mrd-m1001 and you have the 1000watt zapco amp that you payed 2 times as much for(or however much more)wouldnt that make 1000watts either way??ummm....yes. so why does the zapco "perform" better? and what makes it worse if its cheaper? all of you people need to chill on all of your $1000 dollar equiptment ideas. not all of us have $1000 dollars we can spend on an amp. and every time someone asks what they should get within there budget everyone always say's "dont waste your time" or "save up more and then buy a system". how about we stop doing that and help them find the "best" brand'"S"(notice its plural)that is within there price range. and this is only meant to the certain few who ALWAYS do it, and EVERYONE knows who THEY are. and dont waste your time writing something stupid back and getting tough over the computer cause i wont even waste my time replying back to it. now if you have a sensible response or a question ill be happy to answer it if i can, but im no expert by any means, but atleast im not trying to be:D

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 309
I'm not sure where you got the information that we've suggested zapco for a budget system. When, and if, given a budget we always try to suggest equipment to meet that budget. That's why you always see us suggest MTX, kicker, and JBL. You can look at us comparing amps and not agree, but in competition, how many times are you going to see that Alpine amp driving subs? None. People don't think that Zapco has exceptional amps for no reason. I, myself, have not had experince with Zapco, but for the sake of argument let's say you do get a 1000W rms rated zapco and alpine amps. At 1000W, chances the alpine will be twice as hot and may cause the driver to have more distortion. I bet that a 1000W RMS rated zapco would cleanly do 1300W as well. Those amps are not only made to deliver power, but to last as well. If you need more power and decide to wire that zapco amp at 1/2 ohm even though it's rated 1, chances are it will gladly do it. As for the alpine, I have doubts it will. So it's things like that that make the difference. By the way, I, nor anyone on this forum that's worth listening to, has suggested zapco for a $1000 system budget. Choose your words carefully when accusing people. Look through other threads as this tipic's been discussed many times.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
88gtanotchback, you might want to check out the 2300hct amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Gunit777

Post Number: 12
wat is your budget so we can give you amps in that range???

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 304
jigga - "wouldnt that make 1000watts either way??ummm....yes. so why does the zapco "perform" better? and what makes it worse if its cheaper? all of you people need to chill on all of your $1000 dollar equiptment ideas."

i never said get zapco instead of audiobahn, i was just telling issac that in the amps he posted zapco didnt fit (for jigga, it was the one not like the others)

about the 1000 watts being 1000 there is a lot of difference in clean power and sound quality

i didnt even say audiobhan sucks, you guys need to chill out for real

Silver Member

Post Number: 967
Hey people, it's almost New Year's day, so let's all play nice.

jigga666
Unregistered guest
knock knock.....

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 133
whose there?

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 134
wait its you jigga who no one wants to hear s%$T from on this forum again! So post your stupidass questions and we might give you answers or leave cause we dont want this type of GARBAGE on this forum!
James

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 135
ohh yeah and Isaac Cheers to that my man . HAAAAPPPPPPYYYY NEEEEWWWWW YEEEAAAARSSSS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL......

jigga666
Unregistered guest
little boy blue........

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 420
jigga, i just read your post up there and i see your point about the "no, get this..." replies.
i know what you mean.....just remember not to get too upset in here because things get dramatized quickly. plus its hard to know the tone of someones voice when reading thier words on a screen, sometimes you might think a person is acting hard and sarcastic when in actuality they're just jokin around. either way i think keyboard commando champions have no place around here, i'm sure you agree.
l8r bros

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 306
I love you all

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2905
"price and performance???what the hell are you talking about???if you have an alpine amp, say for instance the mrd-m1001 and you have the 1000watt zapco amp that you payed 2 times as much for(or however much more)wouldnt that make 1000watts either way??ummm....yes. so why does the zapco "perform" better? and what makes it worse if its cheaper?"

It's all about build quality in the case of very high end amps, remember that Zapco and other high end amps such as the older 1st Gen Orions, PPI art series, etc. last 10+ years on a pretty regular basis as long as they're taken care of and installed properly. Amps do require maintenance, just like your computer does, it has to be cleaned fairly regularly. They're usually engineered better as well and tend to run cooler and have better quality materials that are more capable of handling the power (heat) and are built to closer tolerances. If you pay twice as much for an amp that lasts 3 times as long as most do, then you've made a worthy investment and enjoyed a higher quality amp during the time you owned it, so really patience does pays off. Glasswolf can tell you that with his older Orion SX amps. On a more specific note about the Zapcos, you also get the capability of running the Symbilink 16V balanced line, which is pretty much the cleanest signal you're going to get to an amplifier. 1000 watts is 1000 watts, but some have higher distortion than others, the difference is usually inaudible, though. Higher end amps tend to have a smoother frequency response, better damping and slew rate, among other things, which really makes it better (although again you may not hear the difference). One of the main benefits of a high quality amp is the power supply, which is by far the most important part of an amplifier. Most high end amplifiers have power supplies that are capable of producing MUCH more power than required to achieve the rated RMS, equalling an amp that's more capable at delivering dynamics and transients accurately. High end American amplifiers tend to be extremely underrated as well, in the end you get much more than rated power in most situations. Whether you're willing to spend the cash or not is strictly subjective, really I can't think of a time where we weren't willing to accomodate a budget on this forum, we have to do it for 99% of the posts on this forum. With some people, they're just so impatient that they don't realize how much they'll lose in the end by not saving up a little while, though. In most cases, people have an idea of what they really want, and hastily skimp out in the end because they want everything now instead of doing it piece by piece. I've personally made this mistake in the past and learned from it, and from owning a shop in a past, I've seen it happen to far too many people, it's actually the most common thing that occurs with people in these situations. If I tell someone they need to be patient and save up a little longer, it's just me passing on wisdom. I've regretted audio purchases I've made in the past because of rushing it, I really don't want everyone else to have to learn from it the hard way as well.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 308
Jonathan's got my back :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us