Glasswolf: how's this setup?

Username: Narayana

Post Number: 8
you answered some of my questions in the past, you know your sh*t, and now that i have money i'm getting a system.
going by what you said in the past i'm getting. infinity reference 5002.I's, 5 1/4" installed in the back of my 92 carolla. as for subs/amp i'm goin for 2x kicker comp series subs, (you said they were only really rated at 150watt) therefore; i'm looking for a 300 watt amp and found
JL 300/2 amp 300 watts or 150x2 on ebay for 80 bucks (at the moment), was wondering if that was a good matchup and a reliable amp/brand. thanks a million.
Narayana

Post Number: 9
Oh yeah, what are some good 4" speakers for the front? should i just go with infinity?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6800
the 300/2 is a terrific amp. I hope you get a good price on it. it'll probably jump up quite a bit before closing. JL amps always seem to.

4" is really a lousy speaker size to be frank.
if you don't mind cutting door panels or buying some kick pods, I'd look at going to at least 5.25" coax or separates if you want any sort of decent front stage.
Qforms makes great color matched kick pods to hold larger speakers in cars like yours. crutchfield and other shops carry them, and I'd strongly suggest considering that route for decent front speakers.
remember those fronts are 70% of your music. all the vocals, instruments, etc.. everything that isn't just the pounding bassline.

Post Number: 10
awesome! thanks.
what about wiring? should i pay some dude 200 bones for wiring, i could do it myself if i got a guide.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6829
well, pros are pros for a reason, but if you feel confident enough to do the job yourself and do it right, I say go for it. the experience is always good to gain and there are plenty of websites about how to wire a system up in a car

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
damn, got outbid on that amp....

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6845
that's ok. plenty of good amps in that power class that aren't nearly so expensive.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6846
hey if ya want a good ebay amp that delivers 150w x 2 @ 4 ohms, look for an Orion 2150SX or XTR2150 (same amp, different generation)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us