Amp for re X.XX

Bronze Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 31
i'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times, but what would be a good amp to power a 12 inch X.XX? hifonics brutus? JL 1000/1? PG 1200/1? any of these any good? or should i look at something else? and what "type" of X.XX would be best to get? i don't really understand all the choices with ohms and that kinda stuff, so any help would be good. thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6720
that RE sub comes standard with dual 2 ohm coils.
this yields a load of 1 ohm or 4 ohms at the amplifier.

optionally, for an additional $25, you can order the sub with dual 4 ohm coils to yield a final load of 2 or 8 ohms.

whichever you choose, you want an amplifier that will supply 1000-1500 watts RMS at the load presented.

the cheapest route would probably be a Kicker KX1200.1, SX1250.1 or Orion 1200D @ 1 ohm.
The Brutus or similar as you named would also be about the same price range I believe, but make sure you get the right power supplied based on which coil configuration for the sub(s) you choose.
the triple X loves power. give it at least 1Kw to make it really perform properly.
I feed each of mine 1280wRMS using a dedicated Orion 2250SX bridged @ 4 ohms. It works well with a pair of these. very clean, very loud.. but the amps I use are no longer made, so I don't suggest them to folks due to the difficulty in finding them and the current they demand, being class AB amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us