Amp problem

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 32
ive had a lose connection on my amp cause the subs were kicking on and off randomly so i played music and wiggled some wires on the back of the amp and found it was the ground cause the subs started playing when i held it ina certain spot.. anywayi get home from work today and re do it but being a dumbass i connected the ground while the music was playing.. i dont know if thats bad or not but i thought i herd a pop or something inside the amp and now i cant get it to work the power light does stay on tho its a jl-audio 500/1 can someone tell me what i did :\ im hoping i only blew a fuse inside

Bronze Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 33
also there is a 1 ferad capacitor before the amp if that means anything

Bronze Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 35
help plz!

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 892
Hey Mark, when you say the amp stays on, does it have red or green light? Did you fix the grounding problem properly?
Check the fuses on the amp. Most of them have 2 that you can see. Check the fuses near the battery. Does the amp turn on when the radio is on? Re-check all wires/cables.
Make sure the speakers are connected to the amp, take one of the amp's rca input cables and touch the end with your finger. That should trigger some humming noise, check both channels this way. If you hear that then the amp is fine. If however, you don't hear anything, then you might have amp problem.
You might also want to check your speakers. Sometimes a bad pop can blow them out.

Bronze Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 36
it has a green light yes i fixed the ground problem and the fuse near the battery is fine
i will try this thing with rcas tho

Unregistered guest
Mark

I had the exact same thing happen two days ago. i just installed the amp, was working great, shut the car off for a few min, turned it back on, amp made a noise through the speaker, and now wont come on- but the green light IS on. I have tried everything, its maddening. Cannot imagine what is wrong. Please, please post or e-mail me if you make any progress.
jason (rao@tmo.blackberry.net)

Bronze Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 55
well i figured it out about a week ago im pretty sure it was an internal problem with the ground so the amp was shipped to jl to get fixed so it should be fine when i get it back or il get a new one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us