Is this amp good with this sub

Username: Robby_

Post Number: 1
i have an old alpine v12 100 and it has no writing on the back so i don't know the power output or the ohm stability does anyone know this?

also am going to conect it to a Ma audio 15" 800 watt dvc sub, will this suffecient or under powered

i am very new to this and got this equipment from a friend for really cheap, and was wondering about any sugestions on how to wire it all up wether it's better to 4 ohms or 2 and to run it in a series or parrelle conection

sorry about all the questions
thanks

Username: Wolfdog22us

Post Number: 5
Best thing to do is go with a smaller Sub, Prefer 8" or 10", this way you wont have to worry about underpowering your subs. I personally think that 15" are way to big and require too much power. For the convenience of getting 2 8" despite not knowing the Output, its your best bet unless you are considering getting a bigger amp. Recommend Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1.d. Also depends on your enclosure. If you have a ported Enclosure, you dont need a big amp to power your sub, but if you have a sealed, you need a meaty Amp to power it.

Username: Robby_

Post Number: 4
is the infinity kappa a speaker or an amp

sorry a am very new to this

also my sub is enclosed. for a ported box how big would it have to be ?

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 52
a sub's size has nothing to do with its power handling capabilities. there are 8" subs that can handle 1000+ watts, and 12" subs you can buy at circuit city that handle 50 watts.

sorry i dont know the output of your amp, but i suggest finding that out first. maybe do a search on google with whatever the amp model number is. and go by the RMS rating on your sub, not peak rating.

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
gdfgdfgdf.....ijust gave you the specs to your amp....scroll up and read them over again. forget about your max watts on that MA cause it doesnt matter. look at your rms rating and find an amp that fits accordingly.

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
gdfgdfgdf.....ijust gave you the specs to your amp....scroll up and read them over again. forget about your max watts on that MA cause it doesnt matter. look at your rms rating and find an amp that fits accordingly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us