Us amps de 1000 help

Username: Heavy_chevy

San diego, Ca Us

Post Number: 2
i want to run two kicker solo x 18's. can i run 3 us amps de-1000 on each sub at 1omz for 2000 watts. i know they are rated at 1000w at 2omz but i thought i read some where you can get them down to 1omz and it will give you 2000 watts each.So a total 6000watts to each sub thanks for any help

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2771
You'd be cheaper off to find some US amps DE3000 amplifiers, and run the sub off of some of those. In my personal opinion the Solo X's really aren't worth spending the money to power them, you'll spend thousands on amplifiers and the custom alternators, batts, etc to power the mammoth amplifiers you'd have to run. Plus, you can get subs that match or better a Solo X's output with MUCH, MUCH less power, in the 1,000s, and sound a lot better doing it.

Username: Heavy_chevy

San diego, Ca Us

Post Number: 3
i want to run us amps as far as amps go. i'm running all kicker now i really don't know about subs so what kind of subs would you suggest in a 15. i'm running 4 kicker s12l5

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2781
What are you looking for, and how much $$$ do you have to put into the system?

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 72
I would suggest making sure you have the type of power to run a US Amps that big. they like a lot of power and they do deliver they are just thirsty for power. I currently have a US Amps 3000 my self and It needs 450 Amps just for itself at peak power but that is if I want to push it for SPL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us