What amp to buy?

Username: Fairwell_aeris

Post Number: 2
hey i just bought 2 12" alpine e-series subwoofers and now i need to buy an amp to push them. What kind of amp would get me the most bass? I'm willing to spend anywhere up to or around $200. Please help me!

Post Number: 4
i'd really appreciate some help with this from one of you guys who know a lot about car audio. i'm new at this and i really need assistance in deciding on the best choice for my subs. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6480
what was the RMS power handling on those type E subs?
I don't see them much, and I'm too lazy to look it up on alpine1.com
sorry

Post Number: 5
frequency response 26-1,000 Hz
power range 50-200 watts RMS
peak power handling 600 watts
sensitivity 89 dB

i hope that's enough info glasswolf. if you need something else just let me know. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 32
at that power your options are endless and with those subs its prob not gonna want to go high end so I would look at like Alpine,rockford,mtx,ect and if those are too $$$$ for ya try like kenwood or pioneer or....... California Profile!.......or......Pyramid.......I think you get the drift!
James

Post Number: 6
i was first thinking about maybe the bazooka ela5001. it's 375 watts RMS at 4 ohms, but then someone told me that bazooka amps weren't that great. so now i'm thinking about maybe a jl audio or mtx. do you think i'll be ok with the bazooka?

Bronze Member

Ct

Post Number: 36
I think with those subs you will be just fine with a bazooka. The MTX I hear are great amps as well. JL is prob a little bit too much of an amp for those subs. so go bazooka or MTX. You should be happy with either one and if your not its prob gonna be because of the subs.
James

Post Number: 7
ok thanks for your help james. i'll go with the bazooka.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2751
The MTX is FAR better than the Bazooka amps, the Bazooka amps are trash. Very unreliable with a huge tendency to overheat. MTX makes fantastic amplifiers for the price, you'd be happier with it in the end.

Bronze Member
Username: Amiricle

Post Number: 15
profile makes cheap amps that arnt that bad in my opinion.

Bronze Member

Ct

Post Number: 38
yeah but he;s not running a comp system or anything either those subs would blow in a heartbeat with to much power. The bazooka should run fine for his application. I would personally go MTX but it doesnt sound like he is looking for Max SPL. I said that the MTX would be highly recomended but I have never used a bazooka amp I have only heard there subs. As far as Profile goes......... OK yes I guess they do make a alright amplifier for a dirt cheap price....wait what am I saying its far from an alright amplifier I will use jonathans words "its trash" you wanna see overheating and clipping to the max go ahead and buy a "california profile".

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2760
It's not just using the Bazooka for anything extreme or an issue of blowing the subs, even in a "tame as a lamb" application the amp would still likely fall short. It's a mere issue of build quality, there is a higher chance of it failing, even if it is only moderately pushed.

Bronze Member

Ct

Post Number: 39
ok I gguess I was wrong then. I had no idea that bazooka made that bad of a product . I knew they wernt high quality but I wqsnt aware that they were as bad as you say. well my bad then man go with the MTX, And jonathan thanks for the info! I have used the bazooka bass tubes in the past and they have not been that bad so I figured their amps couldnt be that far off.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2764
The tubes aren't bad at all, the amps suck though. The amps use extremely cheap materials, and are made (poorly made at that) in China with no real tolerances to go by.

Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 1
HI GUYS...
I am a new user here from pakistan.
currently i am using an old jvc 160 Watts home sterio amplifier.
I was serching for "How to attach CAR AMP...PC"
I don't have any CAR nor a PowerAmp yet.I have decided to buy a second hand(good condition)POWERAMP ,I never look an amp before i go to the Car sterio sound system shop...I decide to buy
a 1000 watts Poweramp...
1)What should be keep in mind ?(i would like to attach 2 12" subwoofers + speakers)[MAX BASS]
2)What is RMS ?
3)deference b/w 2/3/4 channel AMPLIFIER.
4)How to get the Volume,BASS,Treble Control when using an amp ?
too many questions ....but i am new to car sterio...
Thanks in advance.

Username: Ahmer

Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 2
HI GUYS...
I am a new user here from pakistan.
currently i am using an old jvc 160 Watts home sterio amplifier.
I was serching for "How to attach CAR AMP...PC"
I don't have any CAR nor a PowerAmp yet.I have decided to buy a second hand(good condition)POWERAMP ,I never look an amp before i go to the Car sterio sound system shop...I decide to buy a 1000 watts Poweramp...
1)What should be keep in mind ?(i would like to attach 2 12" subwoofers + speakers)[MAX BASS]
2)What is RMS ?
3)deference b/w 2/3/4 channel AMPLIFIER.
4)How to get the Volume,BASS,Treble Control when using an amp ?
too many questions ....but i am new to car sterio...
Thanks in advance.

Post Number: 8
so you guys agree on the mtx? i honestly like mtx amps better myself. thanks for the help.

funnyguy
Unregistered guest
first you ragheads hijack a plane and run it into the towetrs killing many innocent people and now your gonna hijack his thread?...haha...not this time...and 1 question....where do you put the stereo on a camel????

Bronze Member

Ct

Post Number: 44
aaaahhhhhhhhhh aaaahhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Username: Trojanmanms

Hey everyone. I am kinda lost. I have done as much resarch as i can on the internet about amps/subs/anything car audio, but i think i have reached my limit. I just bought a 12" MM12 Polk Audio subwoofer. Its rated at 500W RMS and 1000W Peak. Single Voice coil i believe. I am looking for an amp to power it. any suggestions? From previous listings, i see that MTX is a good way to go. However, from what i understand, the Polk Audio sub i bought is pretty high end. Maybe not. If anyone can tell me anything about either the MM12 or an amp i should get, it would be much appreciated

-Mario

Post Number: 3
Also, does anyone know anything about blaupunkt? Are they a good brand? I am looking into buying a small amp from them (PA 2150). They have tons of them on ebay....is that bad? I was also wondering how hi-pass crossover and low-pass crossovers work? How are they rated? And this amp that i was talking about has both hi and low pass.......does that mean i get to choose? Check out its specs here. Is it a problem that it runs off of 13.8V DC?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Blaupunkt%20PA2150%20Car%20Amplifier:1991187425:page =details;_ylt=AgYA2QCM4.sbj3TX7WecuPKgDSUF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsam1mdjZzBF9zAzg2MzE0NDAwBHNlYwNi Z3NpYg--

Thanks Again.
-Mario

funnyguy
Unregistered guest
mario i see your just as smart as my pakistany friend huh...dont go stealing threads dumba$$ start your own..hey heres an idea why dont you and camel jockey start one togeather..#1 were talking about alpine type e subs not polk. #2 there not hugh end. and #3 START YOUR OWN POST RETARD.

Post Number: 4
i hope noone answers your question.

-Mario

Username: Nicolesexton17

Hi ppl i am new at this stuff and im getting a sound system for my daytona and i need to know if iam picking out the right things. OK.. iam planning on getting 2 12"alpine type s subs,1200watt amp and some cheap cd player..can someone give me some tips or tell me if im doing this wrong.

Bronze Member

Ct

Post Number: 47
what kind of amp? and what kind of cheap cd player?

Post Number: 9
hey guys. i have another amp question for my 2 12" alpine type e subs. would a 800 watt mtx amp be too much power and could it possibly blow my subs?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6590
Nicole, nice car. I used to drive an '84 myself.
have you picked out the CD player and amp yet?
knowing the make/model and specs for them will help decide if they'd match up to those subs.
keep in mind the type S subs are rated to handle no more than 200 watts RMS continuous, so for two of them, you want an amp that puts out 200 watts x 2 or 400 watts total RMS.

aeris, the type E subs handle 200wRMS each as well, so you don't want an amp any larger than 400 watts x 1 or 200w x 2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us