Glass I really need your help

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 283
Hey Glass I I know this belongs in the security section but no one ever goes there an I had the question there for like 2 weeks lol. I saw in one of your post in another section that you were installing an alram in one of your cars. So you seem to be the person that can help me. I have the Prestige APS995a pager alarm. the problem is in the auto start. When I auto start car it the car starts perfectly, but when i put the key in the ignition hit the brake but when i try to steer the car the steering is all tight. When I start the car the regular way its fine. Where i got it installed at they said it was a mecahnical problem, that cant be. It would be hard to steer all the time. Its like the alarm is not telling the car that the key is in the ignition. If you could help me in any way it would be greatly appreciated. By the way the car is a 96 ford taurus

Username: Darknebula

Palmdale, Ca Us

Post Number: 1
you probably unplug one oof the wires that u werent supposto or you pulled a wire out

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6248
True dat. I avoid the security forum because all anyone does is ask for wiring diagrams or ways to program reomtes for alarms.. and neither of those questions can be answered on this board, since that information is pretty much guarded by the companies and shops, and different for every single alarm make and model.

That is a tricky one really. I'd say perhaps they tapped into a bad wire for the remote starter, maybe for the VSS or ignition line.. explain to them that the car has always, and still does steer and work fine as long as the remote starter isn't used.
Point out that this problem is ONLY caused by the starter they put in, and have them take a good look at their wiring locations for the starter module. If you disconnect the remote starter, the steering should be fine again. For some reason apparently the power steering isn't engaging.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 284
Thanks alot Oscar and Glass. Im going to look for a loose wire first, if i dont see anything Im going to go to another shop. The one audiovox told me to go to is a lil far out but I just wanna get it done right.

Username: Darknebula

Palmdale, Ca Us

Post Number: 7
another thing you can loook for is to lok at the fuse and make sure theres nothing wrong with the fuse box.under the carpet in the driving seat depneding on the car you have there should be a metal box that controlsyour wipers and lights ect. all of the electronics, you should check it and make sure u havent damege it. not sure where it will be in all the cars but in mine its under the driving seat, but i suppose it shou;d be i n the same place you are vvery welcomed :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us