Boss Amps?

MadFatChickKiller
Unregistered guest
What is the general opinion on their quality? I have heard that they are low quality but a few people in my school have Boss amps powering their subs and they sound quite nice. I was thinking about getting a 1600w Boss Riot that would push 300rms each to my 2 12" alpine R-types. What do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 794
Hey MadFatChickKiller, if you can stay away from BOSS amps, unless it's the PD model. I hear they're good.
Almost any cheap amp can be made to appear "good" but if you want quality, stick with RF/Kicker/US Amps/JL/JBL/Audiobahn 4125HCT/2300HCT, MTX.

MadFatChickKiller
Unregistered guest
I understand that the cheaper brands of amps are over rated, which is why I only need about 300 to each sub, i still got a 1600w Boss Amp to power my subs. is the fact that im using this amp hurting my system? and on a side not, though this isnt the right forum, how many watts can 12" r types take safely in a sealed box? Is it the recommended 300 rms, or can they take more?

Silver Member

Post Number: 797
As long as your amp doesn't clip or distort, your subs should be okay. The problem is, cheap amps often do.
As for your subs power, if it says 300W rms, then that's all it's going to take or close to it before breaking down.

Caraudiofan
Unregistered guest
Well, Boss Amps are good. In fact the RIP & IQ series are the best and hit hard.
It is not always that the cheap stuff is f***ed.
Infact Lanzar Opti drive series is gr8,
One also keep in mind the cost factor between BOSS &
RF/Kicker/US Amps/JL/JBL/Audiobahn.
According to my personal experience Audiobahn amps are extremely overated.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Audiobahn's amp's are really good in my experence. anyway anyone herd of the old saying "you get what you pay for!" That is why rockford's, Audiobahn are more money lol.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6208
get whatever makes you happy.

personally you couldn't give me a boss or an audiobahn product to use in my own car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 805
I agree with Glasswolfy all except the 2nd part cause I do own Audiobahn amp! Ha ha :-)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6224
some folks have great luck with them.
In the case of audiobahn though, it's not just an issue of product quality really. I dislike the company and it's business practices from a reseller standpoint. They are very shady in how they use minimum required monthly quotas for sales to remain a dealer of their products, thus forcing stores that carry their gear to force it on customers.
That really bothers me.

Anyway, everyone has their favotires.
No big deal.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ya I know somone who owned an audiobahn about 2 years ago but he was getting frustrated with the companny. I have 3 of audiobahn's older amp's in a boat. They are out in a 100 plus degree timpature. I live in Texas and they have never started to overheat and they have lasted over 3 year's now. Guess I got the last of the good one's lol.

srinv
Unregistered guest
Is RF P8004 a good amp?
I did n't find any reviews on internet , any help is appreciated.

Thanks

srinv
Unregistered guest
sorry disregard my post, i wanted to start new thread

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6235
try "rockford fosgate" instead of RF
that may yield more results
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums