Question about kicker kx350.4

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 106
I'm getting this kicker kx350.4 amp for my friend. The spec says that it can do 2ohm stereo and 4ohm bridged mono. Why not 2ohm mono?
It's 90x4 2ohm stereo and 175x2 4ohm bridged mono. It's a 4 channel amp and 2 channels will be for mids+highes and other 2 for 2 200watt RMS subs. Should I bridge it for mono? The subs are 4ohm SVC, so I can either do 2ohm or 8ohm. With 8 I will hardly get anything, right? But with 2ohms, the amp will overheat if I bridge it? Thanks all

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 703
Hey Oleg, if the amp says 4ohms bridged, then don't try using at 2ohms. It'll heat up real quick.
You mentioned that the subs are 4ohms SVC? If that's the case, connect each sub to it's own channel. You don't have much choice with SVC.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 109
So do the 2ohm stereo mode...how's that going to sound?

Silver Member

Post Number: 705
Hey Oleg, since you said the subs are 4ohms SVC, you can't do 2ohms stereo, only 4 ohms stereo. If you had 4ohms DVC, then yes you can do 2ohms stereo. There is no sound quality difference between 2ohms and 4ohms. The only difference is the power you get at 2ohms.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 111
I can't? I thought wiring them in parallel will give me 2ohms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 710
Yes but it's SVC subs. You'll get 2ohms but the amp doesn't support 2ohms bridged. So you can only use it as 4ohms stereo.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 112
You misunderstood. It supports 4ohm mono and 2ohm stereo. And I was asking if doing 2ohm stereo is cool.

Silver Member

Post Number: 712
Doing 2ohms stereo is cool but how will you do that with 2 4ohms SVC subs?

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 114
Wire each sub to it's own channel? I thought

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 115
Upload
Like that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
Okay, but your amp is 4 ohms bridged. You're making it into 2ohms bridged with that wiring. Unless you're talking about using only one channel?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us