CD Car Deck Installation problem

Username: Samatar

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I bought a JVC KD-S680 CD deck and I installed it in my 1991 Honda Accord LX, had a problem with the eject buttom, sendt it for repair, got it back, but now when I put it exactly the way it was before, it doesn't work. The deck just doesnt seem to turn on completely. It accepts CD's and ejects them, the clock comes on briefly when display button is pushed, and the display lights up temporarliy but then the display cuts out and nothing happens. All the wires are matched color according to color (was working before)

Username: C0008

Lynnfield, Ma Usa

Post Number: 2
hey did you by any chance connect the orange wire? if so...dont that is for brightening(not really a word) the dash lights and not intended for aftermarket radios. that is probably the cause of your problem

Unregistered guest
I removed my radio to put in another car and have
the same problem. jvc site said to reset it.
That did not help, the orange wire is not connected either.

Unregistered guest
I bought a new Alpine CDM- 9823 deck for my sunfire and everything is connected but just wont work. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 107
check the fuse box, if its like my car its the second fuse and it should be a 10A size fuse. if its not the second one there should be a diagram on the fuse box cap to tell you which one it is
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us