Perfect 6.1 w/ 9831 clipping at 20/35 volume setting Please Help :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Ids

Post Number: 23
hi yall. i took the advice here and bought the perfect 6.1 they are very nice. i got a amp ALPINE MRV T320 and the deck ALPINE 9831 i already had the HU. I got it the amp and components professionally installed he said he re wired deck too. also he said he set amp correctly and i dont need to mess with it. It get to about 15/35 and its already loud i go to 19/35 its REALLY LOAD + CLEAR. At about 20-21/35 i hear this PRICKING noise its very annoying. am i not able to go beyond this range 20/35. like at 19 its so LOUD im prob go def if i listen to it at this setting but its not clear and i think it should be. thanks anyhelp be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 27
Are you talking about noise in your subs or your speakers? Do you have subs? Let me know where the noise is coming from and if other components work fine at those volume levels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Ok. No subs. Have a Component System the iNfinity perfect 6.1. My deck alpine 9831 has 4 V preout i saw the amp today and the GAIN is turned up. THe POPINg noice im sure is coming from the TWEETERS. other speakers in rear work fine with volume turned up. like at 20/35 the poping noise comes in and its really bad its like screeching i dunno it hurts the ears. anyways should i turn down the gain i have a alpine mrv t 320 amp if that helps.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 43
Well, popping and screeching are different. Screeching would make me think blown tweeters.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
The thing is i cant tell i guess you cant see its screeching its more of a Crackling/ popping noise its high pitched. under 20 volume it doenst come and the m usic is very loud liek its lo ud u can here every beat from outside the car with doors shut. should i try messing with the GAIn. turn it down a bit.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 57
Well, if you have a deck with 4volt pre-outs, set the gain at about 4v or 3v. Did this just start happening or was it alright before?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us