Why are these amps so cheap???

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahaboy

Orland Park, Illinois USA

Post Number: 31
http://www.brilliant-electronics.com/car_amplifiers.htm im sure they are crap but 2000 watts for $180????????? ive seen these on other sites for even cheaper...would they even be worth a try for this cheap? im looking for a 600x1 @ 4 ohms or 300x2....can somone please tell me if i take these two subs out of the this box then how many ohms would they each be. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1069299397134&skuId=6221064&productCa tegoryId=cat03081&type=product they sound good in that box but im not sure if it will fix in the gp trunk..thanks for all the help!
Eric

Bronze Member
Username: Nysteelers

Post Number: 77
i wouldnt buy them, from what i hear they inflate the numbers, and the stuff will probably break soon

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i wouldnt doubt that........looking at the sub that i have how could i take those subs out and wire them to two ohms??

Anonymous

Sorry but first off the subs are crap. And yes the amps are even more crap. I wouldnt waste money on the amp yes i know it says they are "2000" watts but really they are more like 200 watts. I would take the subs back and maybe go with a couple 10" or 12" Alpine type r or x,maybe some kickers,JLs,and if you have to get it from best buy get some rockford fosgates.Im not a big fan of fosgate but they are the best that best buy has to offer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
i cant take them back now..i got them a month ago but i really do like them...there in my room right now hooked up to a 280watt sub amp hooked up to my surround sound and they sound really good....but is there any way i can make it 2ohms??

Username: Drumjunky

Colorado

Post Number: 6
You need wire the subs in series to get your two 4 Ohm subs to 2 Ohms at the amp... here's a link of how it should look (from Infinity site)http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/2-4-2.aspx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
would it hurt this amp if i made it 2 or even 1 ohms??? http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-796 i know its not a car amp but its in my room right now and i had that laying around.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
if someone would like to help my screen name is NoOneKnowsOfMe99....i have everthing a part right now sitting next to me and need help..thanks
Eric

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6002
that pyle amp doesn't state the RMS power ratings at load anywhere. It's not 2400 watts by the way.
No way no how. It's probably a "peak" rating, at 1 ohm.
real output I'd guess at about 300 watts.

If those two subs in the box terminate in a single 4 ohm load at the terminals, which the specs appear to state, each sub can be one of the following:
2 ohms, single coil
8 ohm per coil DVC

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6003
sorry I meant to say:
single 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm coils
was on the phone talking and mistyped

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
the subs are out of the box right now and it says "xinbp 212 4 ohms 550 watts peak" and it says it on the bac of each sub

Username: Yamahaboy2123

Post Number: 5
ok thanks everyone for all the help...what amp would you recommend for the subs i have...nothing over 350$...i was looking at jbl maby??

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 513
Hey Eric, jbl is a good amp. However, if you want an amp that's cheap yet good in quality, try MTX 6500D. It is a class d amp with remote bass option. It puts out 500W rms at 2ohms and 775W rms at 14.4v.
That's enough power to kill your subs.
They usually go for $75 - $90 on eBay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us