Help wiring a 4 channel amp

Username: Spellman21

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a 4 channel amp
800 watts bridged max, 2 ohm stable stereo
4 x 85 watts into 4 ohms RMS,
4 x 105 watts into 2 ohms RMS
.. I have 4 speakers each with 4 ohm impeadances, and am wondering the best way to wire the speakers with this amp. Wiring them all in parallell gives me an ohm of 1, which i have read is deadly for the amp. Utterly confused in how to wire the speakers. Front 2 in parallell and back 2 in series?= 2 ohms + 8 ohms=10 ohms? is that efficient? Help would be GREATLY appreciated

Username: Lostnconfused

Far Far Away, I Forgot USA

Post Number: 3
or just wire a speaker to each channel...

Post Number: 2
how should i wire each speaker to each channel??? parallell or series? if i do all 4 in parallel than the impedance is 1. if i wire all 4 in series the impedence is 16, and i want to get the most out of my amp. Please help!!!!!!!

Post Number: 3
can anyone help ?

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 53
dont wire series or parallel. just front-left channel to front left-speaker, front-right channel to front-right speaker, etc. no need to get complicated.

http://www.bcae1.com/
go to page 107 "system diagrams" on the menu pane on the right side, scroll down to the 4th from last diagram titled "4 channel input"

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 504
Hey guy, you have a 4 channel amp so use it to power your front and rear speakers. I'm sure you'll see channel 1,2,3, and 4. Use 1 for front left, 2 for front right, 3 for rear left and 4 for rear right. Keep it simple.
Anyways, if you wire the speakers in parallel, you'd be basically turning a stereo sound into a mono! That's not a wise choice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us