Amps for Infinity speakers

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
What kind of amp should I get to run a pair of Infinity Kappa Perfect 12D VQ subs? They RMS 400 watts each. Also What kind of amp should I get to run a pair of Kappa Perfect 6.1's and a pair of Kappa 572.5CF's? They all RMS 100 watts. Ill only need 2 amps right, one to run the speakers and one to run the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 415
Hey Doug, that'll depend on where the speakers are located. If your kappas are rear speakers, then yes, only 2 amps. However if they're front and rear speakers, you'll need 4 channel amp and a sub amp.
Any class D mono amp that's 2ohms stable will work fine with your subs. For brands try Rockford/Kicker/JL/Audiobahn/MTX/MA Audio.

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
Yeah they are front and back speakers. I'm kind of looking for specifics. I'm looking for a good 800x1 watt Class D 2 ohm stable amp for my subs. And I'm looking for a good 100x4 watt amp for my speakers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
Hey Doug, if you have the cash, then try Rockford/Kicker amps. They have the ones you're looking for. They look great too.
If they're slightly out of your price range, then try JL/Audiobahn/MTX/MA Audio.

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
Can you give me some specifics types of amps that would go perfectly with my subs? I mean I already know that those are some of the brands I should be looking for but can you give me some specific amps? Like for example a "JBL BP600.1"

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
Ok I was maybe looking at the Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.4 amp for my speakers and the Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 for my subs. Would those be good choices or are there better ones out there that would go perfectly with my system like that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
Ok Doug, here's are some choices of amps for you to try depending on your budget.
For your front and rear, Rockford P8004 (100 x 4), for your sub, T1000I bd (500W x 1), T2000I bd (750W x1), or T3000I bd (1000W x 1) at 4ohms. They're 1 ohm stable, meaning you'll get more than 2x the power than at 4ohms.
If that above is too costly, then look for other brands that are similar in spec.
Hope that helps.

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
What is the T2000l bd? I couldn't even find it on a google search.

Doug W.
Unregistered guest
Nevermind I figured it out. Yeah those are a little too expensive anything around the price range of like $250 or maybe even $300 tops

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
Ok then, try MTX 6500D, it's 500W rms at 2ohms and 775W rms at 14.4V. They usually sell for around $65-$80 used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us