Bridging an amplifier.

dman
Unregistered guest
i have a 250x2 amplifier, and 1 12 inch subwoofer how do i bridge it to my amp.... also there is a LP - Full - HP on the back of my amp what do i set that on, and there is the frequency from 50hz - 200 what do i set that on??.........

thanks......

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 305
Hey dman, set the amp to LP mode and adjust the frequency till you hear the desired bass sounds. I find that somewhere around 70hz gives you soft powerful bass, wherelse 100 - 200hz will give thump but less "soft" bass. It all depends on your music.
As for bridging, look at your manual or the speaker terminals. Usually it'll tell you which connectors to use for bridging.

dman
Unregistered guest
i listen to mostly rap so what would be the best setting for the frequency ......and i dont have the manual for the amp so im unsure of how to bridge it.........

dman
Unregistered guest
wondering if you could help me with this??

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 308
Ok then look at your speaker terminals on the amp. It should say + and - for left and right channels. For bridged mode, try taking plus from left and minus from the right channel. If that doesn't work, try reversing (plus from right channel and minus from left channel).
Since RAP is mostly voice and drums, setting it around 60 - 70hz should give you very pleasing bass sound. Depending on the quality of the recording, you can even try 50hz.
I record most of my mp3s at 160 bit or higher. Anything less will result in fuzzy bass and highs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us