Need help picking an amp

Anonymous

I have 2 audiobahn aw1208t's that max out 3000 watts each. I was wondering what amplifiers you would recomend getting. thank you

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 316
If money is not a problem for you, Rockford and Kicker make amps powerful enough to drive them. If possible look for amps with remote bass control.
Me personally I'm using Audiobahn A4125HCT (2000W rms) and it pounds. Someone else on here posted about 2300HCT (1600W rms) model.

Anonymous

for my 2 audiobahn aw1208t's, i think im going to put 2 amps in my car. Would you recoment the rockford T30001, the kicker KX2500.1, or the audiobahn 2300HCT. If none of the above which amps would you recommend and please be specific. thanks again :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
Hey if money is not a problem with you, I'd go with Rockford T30001, then KX2500.1, and if money is a concern, then 2300HCT. From what I've seen Rockford is 1 ohms stable wherelse Kicker is only 2 ohms stable. You get 3000W rms at 1 ohms with Rockford.
My 3rd choice is 2300HCT cause it puts out at a low price and it's been tested.
I hope you have an alternator that can handle that much power.

Anonymous

I think im going to go with the Rockford T30001, but my question is how many do you recommend 1 or 2? either way im puting another higher output alternator in. thanks again :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
One Rockford T30001 is more than you need, unless you want to go deaf. At 3000W, you'd be lucky if there's anything left of the car.

Anonymous

hahahaha thanks alot man. im curently looking at an alternator. Would a Bosh high output alternator be good enough? I think it puts out 200 amps. :-)

Anonymous

**Bosch**

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
Hey that alternator will be ok, but if you're planning to blow up your car with 3000W, you'll need 250A alternator.

Anonymous

yeah with 2 3000 watt subs and a 3000 watt amp i think so lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us