Amp wiring to sub...basic question

Chris Spencer
Unregistered guest
hi all, relatively new to all this, starting off with sum really cheap equipment but just a quick wiring question. I have an SPLX amp and sub but how do i wire the sub to the amp for best bass? the amp has 4 outputs (L+,L-,R+ and R-)
which two do i use for my sub or can i combine them somehow for better sound? Please any helps appreciated...
Cheers people

Bronze Member
Username: Jlprix91

West, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 28
it depends on the rms of your sub, you dont want to bridge the amp if your sub cant handle the power

nnnnick b.
Unregistered guest
If the sub is a single voice coil driver then hook the L- and the R+ up to the sub(This is called bridging, only do it if the amplifier is bridgable and if the amp can handle the electrical load of the sub, ohms)
If the amp is a dual voice coil driver then wire one voice coil to the L and one to the R.

Chris Spencer
Unregistered guest
its an splx 400 watt sub i think with a 350watt splx sub. was bought as a package i believe...not sure whether its single voice??
Really am new to to this! want some bass tho! :-)
Thanks people

Chris Spencer
Unregistered guest
o the sub has two wires coming out of it....one marked postive(red) one negative(black) if that helps

Username: Chrismjspencer

Cambs, UK, UK UK

Post Number: 1
hi i've even registered as a member now! great discussion board, even tho i feel a million miles awy from you US lot! Chris

Sucubus
Unregistered guest
Do what nnnick b. said for the single voice coil sub
Its a SVC sub, about 99% chance its 4 ohm
Id be willing to bet that amp is bridgable too.

Username: Chrismjspencer

Cambs, UK, UK UK

Post Number: 2
alright thanks people, done that and it sounds good! I think the amp is bridgeable as the terminals are marked "crossovers" :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us