What would be the best speakers for my amp?

Username: Lordoftabs

Post Number: 2
I have a kicker kx800.2 amp. I'm about to install it along with two JL W3V2 Subs. Is my amp to much for two of them? I want to get a third JL sub, but my existing ones are duel 4 ohm and i'm not sure if my amp would be stable with three of them.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 275
Hey Lee, your amp shouldn't have any problem with your spearkers. It's rated 200W x 2 at 4ohms and 400W x 2 at 2ohms. Since your speakers are DVC 4ohms, you can configure it to be 2ohms for each speaker. Then you'll get 400W to both speakers.
Connecting 3 speakers will be a bit tricky but it can be done. First turn all 3 speakers into 2ohms, then connect them in series for 6ohms. Now bridge the amp into mono and attach the speakers. You should get somewhere around 600W from the amp. At 4 ohms, it's rated 800W. Since you're planning to have only 3, that is the best mode. On the other hand if you get 4 subs, then you will get 800W from the amp.

Username: Lordoftabs

Post Number: 6
i've heard that my amp could probably take a 2.66 ohm load bridged mono and that it is under rated. Does anybody know if thats true? Also, the amp has 3 40 amp fuses,but at it's official rating it would only need 58amps(800w/13.8v) instead of 120amps. What are the other 62 amps for?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us