Is this system good?

Username: Djdirtysouf

Tx

Post Number: 2
Wat up Yall im new on this site and i have some questions about my system!! feel free to answer thanks!! below is wat is in my 67 ford mustang!

Okay
-----------------------
Optima Yellow Top
Aiwa CDCZ137
2 Power Acoustic Built N Crossover Tweeters
2 6-1/2"Alpine SPS-170A
2 12"RockfordFosgate Punch HE2 Woofers (RFP4212)
RockfordFosgate Punch 801S Amplifier
Subzone h-122 enclosure
knukoncept Wiring
Dynamat Trunk Kit
-----------------------
thats what i have!! in a 67 ford mustang!

okay i have those 2 12" he2's there 4ohm DVC 400wattRMS 800wattMAX EACH connected to a 2 channel 801s rockford amp im running each sub to each channel which its 2 channels and 2 subs. okay would that be perfect?

Okay and the wiring is knukoncept, okay the 0 gauge is gonna be fused by the battery with a 300amp fuse and fuse holder, im running 0 gauge to my trunk cuts off at a distro block , then from the distro im runnin an 8 gauge to the amplifier, and using pair of twisted shielded rca's i think there knu koncept too, is that good wiring way i did it?

subzone box h-122 is made up of 3/4in of MDF , its 1.4cubic ft each chamber and its for 2 12" woofers, so would them he2's be good for this box?

and the trunk has dynamat and its an old car !!

wat do you think about this system think it sounds or would sound good!!????
or wat are your oppinions on this or what?
thanks!!!

Sucubus
Unregistered guest
I don't know.
Does it sound good?
I can't hear it.

Bronze Member
Username: Thrust

Post Number: 42
I"m sure it will rock yo. 0 gauge is over kill tho and someitimes hard to hook up to stuff. Every system is only as good as the source unit. I'm currently using a Aiwa similar to yours and while it sounds good, the specs on it aren't that great as far as sound Q or even kikass sound at higher volumes. You should do what I'm gonna do and buy a nice Alpine HU, or one with 4v pre-amp outs on it. Cheap, nice ones to be had on eBay.

Sucubus
Unregistered guest
Yeah...Aiwa decks are no good.
I havent bought a Rockford sub
since the powers about 6 years ago.
I wouldnt trust tweeters with "built in
crossovers"
Id be willing to bet its just a capacitor in line
with the + lead.
anyhow.
good luck

Tx

Post Number: 4
thanks tim and sucubus!
well right now i have them componets tweets and aiwa deck going and it sounds great and crisp. im just waitin on hookin up the rest dont know if itll sound good with them subs in that box and them subs with that amp and with taht aiwa deck?

Bronze Member
Username: Bnh142

Post Number: 24
I bought an Aiwa deck and returned it within a few days because the sound quality was inferior to the stock Acura head unit I had before!

Tx

Post Number: 5
Hmmmmmm? thats strange , it sounds clean and crisp and loud with no distortion way better then a stock unit?!! so im not sure if i should just use it for a while then when i get $$$ ill buy an alpine sounds good?

Bronze Member
Username: Bnh142

Post Number: 27
Well I had a low end Aiwa at that and the stock unit was actually very good. I have an Alpine HU now and the stock unit wasn't far off in sound quality. It started having problems due to age though. My Aiwa had weak bass and the boost was set at 100 HZ which was too high. I had only 6.5 inch speakers at the time so I am not sure how a subwoofer would have sounded with it. Also the uppermidrange and trebble sounded sharp and powerful but also quite artificial. The instruments didn't sound like they should although most consumers wouldn't really know the difference I'm sure. But them most consumers like Bose products too. That's a whole 'nuther can of worms...

Tx

Post Number: 6
lol i agreee must be another can. well this Aiwa CDCZ137 sounds quite okay i dont know about with the amp and subs yet but i guess itll sound good and okay for a while untill i buy an alpine HU ,all i really want out of my system is to sound clean and loud ! where you can hear me from couple blocks and when i drive by it will sound as clean and crisp!!but i had a gmx972 pionner amp connected to these he2's and damn did that amp suck cheap crap.. but i bet this 801s will make them subs happy! but this aiwa deck wont mess up my system will it like blow my subs cuz of its weakness?

Help2
Unregistered guest
Nope.
The deck will not blow your subs.
It will be fine as long as the gains are set
properly...but that applies to any HU.
good luck

Tx

Post Number: 8
thanks help2, and brian and all of yall been a good help preciate it !!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us