Suggested amp for 350w pioneer pair?

Username: Ealvarez

Post Number: 3
hello. just got me a pair of pioneer TS-W265c's. both are 350w max, 150-200w rms. 4ohm's

im thinking a 500 or 600w mono amp will do, or maybe a 2 channel. the guy i bought it from had them hooked up to a 1000w 4 channel amp with only these two hooked up and about half the power of the amp being used.

any recommendations would be appreciated

Post Number: 4
ah think i found a good one

sony xplod XM-2165GTX

165 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
400 watts x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

Maximum Power Output:
330 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
500 watts x 2 into 2 ohms
1000 watts bridged into 4 ohms

i can go just right and go with the 160x2, go wild with the 200x2 @ 2ohm's or go right out nuts with the bridged mode. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Thrust

Post Number: 43
Please don't get the Sony amp, there are tons of posts here that state Sony is crap. (not to mention the fact that Glass would slap you upside the head) Find a 2-ohm stable mono class D amp you can afford. Or you could get 1 ohm stable amp and have the option to add more subs later. I prefer Orion, PPI, RF, Earthquake or PG amps but they are costly. Check eBay if you don't have to have a brand new one. You can't run 4 ohms bridged with (2) 4 ohm speakers (only 2 ohm or 8 ohm with those, sry) Class D, 2 OHM STABLE BRIDGED.

Bronze Member
Username: Thrust

Post Number: 44
what kinda speakers are those anyways? google don't find 'em

Post Number: 6
yeah, i think pioneer discontinued these, i couldnt find anything on theyre site either. theyre 2 10"s

who knows i may upgrade the speakers in the future but theyll be fine for now until i get a better job. lol

all my speakers in my car are pioneer's so id kinda like to stay like that. i have 2 70w 3"s in the front, and 2 enclosed 6x9's in the rear. dont know the wattage since i havent checked. came with the car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us