Rockford Fosgate Curious. Alpine 12'' Subwoofer

Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 7
I have 1 Rockford Fosgate 700x 4 channel amp and 2 Alpine 1241D Type R subs. the alpine speakers take 300 watts rms but im punching them with 350watts because i bridged the amp giving me 350watts rms. do you think im over powering the subs.? also is the trunk to small for the subs.? its a 2001 Mustang tell me what you think.

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 83
Hey Carlos, the amp is just fine. I know it's slightly higher in power rating compared to the sub, but it's better that way. Lot of the amps over rate their power ratings so if you try and get the max, some times the amp clips causing speaker damage. So if you use a stronger amp and keep the volume below the max, you'll be providing clean power to the subs. Most subs that blow are caused by bad amp.
Your trunk seem fine in the picture. If you don't hear much bass when the trunk is closed, you can have it ported into the car. What I mean by that is, I've seen some porting tubes you can install near your rear to bring out the bass from your trunk into your car's cabin.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 179
I found that the Type Rs are kick @ss in a ported enclosure. If thats the box I think it is (Qlogic) that thing sucks.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 180
Ive also been told by numerous people that the Rs can handle up to 500W RMS safely, never tried it though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us