Amp or Remote Wire Problem

Username: Bikeman1010

Post Number: 1
I bought a bran new kenwood 800 watt amp and for some reason it wont turn on. when i put hook up the power to it nothing happens. but when i take away the power the light comes on and slowly fades out. this also happens if i tuch the remote wire to it. i think its the remote wire tho to be honest. i am getting full power and none of the fuses are blown. could this be an issue with the decks remote wire not giving the amp enought signal to power on the amp?

Damien Rob.
Unregistered guest
Try a dif. power source for the remote wire.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 190
use a test light and see if you have power, turn on and ground from your wires, if you do its the amp. Good luck

Post Number: 2
Naa im getting 12.56 volts to the amp so its not the lack of power. i really think its something to do with the remote wire. is there any way that i can check this with a volt meter or something. what happens if i conect the 12 volt sorce to the remote input. could reseting my amp help at all.

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 82
Hey James, if you want to test your amp, connect the pos to the remote connection also. If the amp is any good, it should power up. If after that it still dosen't turn on, your amp needs some fixing.

Username: Ace2026

SHEFFIELD, YORKSHIRE ENGLAND

Hey on a Pioneer GM-920 does anyone know what the following wires are connected to: ACC,Brm,ILM and ACC out/j. any help on this would be apreciated

Post Number: 3
I just found out that the remote wire is only sending out 11.28 volts when the 12 volt power source to the amp is giving out 12.56. i think this has something to do with it. is there any way i can fix this? is it my deck thats causing this?

Username: Grindin92

I have a problem with my system also. I have my amp hooked up to the remote wire. Whenever i have my deck on the radio the amp is turned on and stays on, but when i put a cd in the amp atomaticly turns off. I was wondering why is this and what should i do to fix the problem?
Grindin7091@aol.com

Username: Deven19

what dose REM mean on my amp I am tring to hook it up

Username: Deven19

Post Number: 2
what do i hook REM up to

Bronze Member
Username: Imstillhere

Michigan

Post Number: 13
its ur REMOTE wire

Bronze Member
Username: Imstillhere

Michigan

Post Number: 14
U HOOK IT UP TO UR ANTENNA LEAD ITS USUALLY THE YELLOW ONE...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5544
yellow is ususally illumination
red is batt+ (memory)
orange is switched ignition.
power antenna is blue/white
remote is blue
black is ground
green is left pos
green/blk is left neg
white is right pos
white/blk is right neg

usually.

Post Number: 4
Today i took speaker wire and conected the 12 volt power source to the remote wire but it still didnt turn on. i really am stumped. i am usually pretty good with this kind of stuff to. i mean i hooked up like 4 of my friends systems for them but i cant seem to get my own to work. if any one knows what this could be please let me know.

Post Number: 5
i traded in the old amp for a new one and it still wont turn on. so it must be my wiring or something. im really startin to get pissed.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 128
Hey James, have you tried connecting POS to your remote terminal? See if that'll power up the amp. If it does, then you know there's a problem with your remote wiring. Is your remote wire connected to anything else besides the amp? From what I can recall, that wire only supplies 200ma the most. So if you had a device that sucked up most of the power, there won't be enough juice left to control anything else.

Username: Jdub_dub

Post Number: 6
james, i had that same problem a while back. it turned out to be the ground wire. i thought i had a really good ground point. you have to scratch off all the paint at the ground point, all of it. and make sure the ground is actually connected to the chassis, not just like a little bar on the seat or somethin. let me know if this helps.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 405
holy crap, TAKE OFF your speaker wire from your remote source, thats not a good idea, go to walmart and buy primary wire, it comes in like 18ft peieces for like 2 bucks...

Bronze Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 88
yo man, i had the same problem, what it was for me was just my fuse, if you have the glass type fuse check that because they dont have to break in the middle, they can also burn out from the side so check that because if thats it you can save yourself a good while. the guy at the audio shop told me that those fuses are tricky and that even though only half of it is fried the other half can still pass power, very little power but power, i seriously had the same exact problem, EXACT so check that. let me know what happens/.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us