Phoenix Gold amps...

Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 3
I have been looking for subs to put in my grand cherokee for some time now. i was leaning towards a JL 12 w6, but after reading all the posts on this site, i am now considering a 12 in. RE X.XX. First of all...should i stick with the JL or would i be better off going with the X.XX?? Now, on the subject of amps...I dont have unlimited funds so i was hoping to get a good amp for one of these subs, without shelling out extreme amounts of money. I saw that glasswolf had said to feed one of these subs between 1000 and 1500 watts. to do this i had seen some phoenix gold amps. the phoenix gold 15.0:1 Octane amp puts 1500 watts at 2 ohms max power. Also, the X1200.1 - Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200 Watt Mono Amplifier puts 1200W x 1 (4-1 ohm). Are either of these amps good, and suitable to run the X.XX sub?? if not, other suggestions in the same price range would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 60
There are a lot of amps that give good value for your money. The preference is up to the user. I personally like MA Audio HK series and Audiobahn A4125HCT 4 channel amps. I know some people will say those 2 brands are trash but that depends on what model you buy. They do make some cheap ones though. My Audiobahn amp puts out 1000W per channel in 1 ohms for a total of 2000W. It also has a bass boost remote control. Not sure how many people actually tested this model but I certainly like it.
If you want powerful subs, try MA Audio 18". I personally have that one. It really pounds the crap of the car! It's power rating is 1000W rms not peak crap, plus it comes with a 20 lbs magnet!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us