Another Car Audio Question...

Username: Jtw320

Saginaw, MI

Post Number: 4
I had the Bazooka EL1500 running two of my subs and one day it just stopped working, i went to Best Buy and they hooked a meter to it and said everthing was wired right it must be my amp, i know the wire i was running was 12 gage, probably too small, but yeah the light comes on when i first start it up but it then shuts off like 5 seconds later. This happened the first day i installed the amp because i didnt have a good ground, but i know i have a good one now. Does anyone know what could be wrong? and have a possible solution?

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 32
Hey Jason, you really need 8 gauge or less for the amp. See if the wire gets hot when the amp shuts down.
I had similar thing happening to one of my amp. It blew out one day. Now it shuts down after few seconds.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5457
http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm
http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Hey Jason, try this one, unhook all RCA cables and then turn on the amp. See if it still shuts down. Sometimes a short or overload on the input could cause a shutdown.

Saginaw, MI

Post Number: 5
Ive unhooked the RCA's and the Speakers and it still did the same thing, I was talking to an electrician and he told me that it should still work with the 12 gauge wire, i just wouldnt get as much power and not as good of performance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Looks like you have an amp problem. If you have an external 12v power supply, try connecting it to the amp. Make sure you attach the remote wire to the positive also.
It could just be that your amp is malfunctioning.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 184
That must not have been a good electrician. thers no way you EVER run than high of gage wire to your battery for any amp. When you crank it up it, the rubber on the wire is just going to burn all the way through. But I agree with Isaac that amp is most likely messed up.

Saginaw, MI

Post Number: 6
Joseph I never asked for your opinion, thanks.

Saginaw, MI

Post Number: 7
sorry, im just flustrated with this amp not workin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us