Do they make amplifier hook ups please help!

Username: Smitty64

United States

Post Number: 1
do they make amp hook ups that run from your stock tape player to your amp so u can hook up your amp to power your sub so it hits harder? and i can't hook up a cd player to my car because my last one pooped out and now nothing will turn on (cd players) and i can't get any radio stations and now my speakers beeps and it won't stop unless i take my antenna off please help

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 55
Hey Kyle sounds like you need an upgrade on your HU. Most amps come with a high input adaptor that'll take your speaker wires and turn it into rca for the amp to use. Since your unit is having problems, it might be easier to get a new one.

United States

Post Number: 2
isaac with my stock tape player i can't get any radio stations all i can listen to is tapes i don't even have a clock would my ground wire be loose or not connected?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 104
Hey Kyle, if your ground wire was loose or not connected, then nothing would work. Since your tape is playing, I'm suspecting that your HU is dying, probably the reason why your radio and clock aren't working. It might be time for an upgrade.

United States

Post Number: 3
cool thanks i think i might try that and if it doesn't work i talk to u again but HU stands for Head Unit right well i can't even get a cd player to turn on or even make a noise nothing makes a sound, lights up, or even wants to work i just want to destroy my 93 Oldsmobile Achieva it sucks

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 54
you can get a line-level converter and it will convert your speaker outputs into rca to hook up to an amp.

get a test light from a parts store for like $10 and check every fuse you have. sounds like you have a blown fuse. a multimeter aould also work if you have one available.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us