Some easy help please

Arnie
Unregistered guest
the most noob question you've ever heard: where it says Fuse i just get a wire from the battery into my amp? and where does my ground wire from my amp connect to? and what does Batt+ and REM+ mean? thanks for any help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5435
http://www.bcae1.com/installationprimer.htm

that site is a good primer.
the amp's manual should be available from the maker's website in PDF format, and will tell you how to install the amp.

generally, get an amp wiring kit with cable size based on the size of the amplifier.
then run "+BATT" to the battery using an in-line fuse.
ground to bare mettal close to the amp
REM goes to the remote trigger line of your radio that tells the amp when to turn itself on.

Arnie
Unregistered guest
my amp is:
450 Watt 2 Channel Amplifier
2 x 110 W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo
2 x 225 W MAX @ 4 Ohm Stereo
2 Ohm Stereo Stable, 4 Ohm Bridged

would i have dual 2 or 4 ohm coils?
which guage wires would be best?
i have 2 wires from the amp to both my subs (1 to each sub), is there a way to wire my front speakers to it? or how am i suppose to wire my speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 22
Hey Arnie, for your amp 8 gauge is good enough. It's only 110W rms x 2. Even if you decided to use it at 2 ohms, you'll have no problem.
Your amp also says 4 ohm bridged, so make sure you don't use it at 2 ohms or else it'll shut down.

arnie
Unregistered guest
thanks guys, 1 more question though =)
2 x 110 W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo
2 x 225 W MAX @ 4 Ohm Stereo

i dont get why it says 2 different watts, i know its RMS and MAX but whats the difference between the 2 and how do u get it to have the most thump? thx

Arnie
Unregistered guest
oh yeah forgot to ask how i make it use 4ohms not 2? =/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Hey Arnie, to use 4 ohms, just connect your 4 ohm speakers to the left and right connectors.
To use 2 ohms, you need to connect the speakers in parallel if they're 4 ohms. To use the amp in the bridged mode, check the amp or the manual, it'll tell you which connector to use for it. Of course that means you'll be operating in a mono mode but with max power.
When an amp lists rms and max, it's the rms that counts. The max is useless just like in the speaker ad listings. Whomever invented max power in the advertising should be shot.

Arnie
Unregistered guest
ok now that i have all that sorted out, i have a battery+ connection and a fuse connection, how do i do those? and then i believe im finished, thanks isaac

Arnie
Unregistered guest
also since my amp is only a 2 channel, would i have to get a 2nd amp for my front 2 speakers or can they just run off the head unit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Hey Arnie, if you want to power up your front speakers and by pass the headunit, then you need another amp. If you're going to do that, then get a strong 4 channel amp and power both front and back. It'll sound 5x better, especially when you crank up the subs.
The positive connection should be connected to the battery with a fuse (comes with the wiring kit), then you attach the wire to the amp's + terminal. The ground wire is the one attached to the car chassie/body. Don't forget the remote wire from the headunit. Without it, the amp won't turn on.
Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us