Im Stumped, Please help

Bronze Member
Username: Bigap15

Post Number: 21
I am thinking about getting a Soundstream PIC2.600 picasso series 2 amp. Rated at 300 X 2 and 2 ohm for my 2 kicker comp VR 10. Is this a good amp or should i get a different brand. also is this rated a 12 volt or 14.4 volt. if it is 14.4 how do i upgrade to 14.4 from 12. Also This amp is only 240 dollars so thats not bad. Any other good amp around that range will work. Any suggestions

BlownRiv
Unregistered guest
all 12 volt amps also work at 14.4 volts.

your car battery produces 12 volts when the car is off. when you have the car running, the alternator produces 14.4 volts, so this becomes the voltage your amp will see.

(all cars produce 14.4 volts while they're running. you don't need to upgrade.)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Does anyone know about this amp, is it any good or is it overrated. Is there somewhere i can find the specs of this amp.

Username: Carguy

Post Number: 9
Hey Arrin, for $240, you should be able to find a better amp. I'd try AUDIOBAHN, MA Audio, PPI, MTX, and Rockford. If your goal is to get lots of bass, try a class D amp. They use less power to produce sound. If that's not an issue, then try the high current ones. They'll produce full power at full range, not just low sounds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Ma audio, ppi, mtx, audiobahn, and the current rockford amps are crap. 240 is about as cheap as im gonna get to power my 2 comp vr 10.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
well mtx amps arent that bad but i cant find one with 600 watt rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us