Alternator and battery question

Bronze Member
Username: Mjv817

Post Number: 16
i kno i need a new alternator but dont kno what are some good online stores to get em, ive been to mr.alternator.com and the biggest alt. they have for my jimmy is a 200 amp HO alt and was wondering if a 200 amp will have enuff power im gonna have two re 15 trip x with 2 mtx thunder1501s and prlly another amp to power my componants and will i need a new battery also??
btw im a real noobie when it comes to car audio :/ sry about this

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5267
that 200A should do the job. If you plan to run the entire system at full blast for long periods though you may want to have a 300A alternator custom built for you, and have it put in additionally to the one used for the rest of teh car.
that's going to be a heck of a lot of current draw from two 1500 watt amps, and a third 4 channel

Bronze Member
Username: Mjv817

Post Number: 17
hmm do i just go to the shop where i get my car fixed and asked them to build me one or what and i dont need to get a battery? lol sry for all the dumb questions

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5276
www.4alterstart.com for the alternator
for batteries, they'll really only help when the engine is off by prolonging play time. you'd want a battery isolator rated for the current of the alternator, and additional deep cycle batteries dedicated to the audio system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us