Frequency Setting For KX1200.1 amp

Username: Betterdays469

Post Number: 8
I'm hooking up a kicker 1200.1 amp with two kicker compVR's today in my truck, enclosed box under the rear seat. I'm not sure what to set the Frequency at on the amp. Can anyone help me out with opinions on a good setting? Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5148
set LPF for 80Hz. if its too boomy work you way down toward 50Hz till you like how it feels.

set phase correction to 0.
set slope if offered to 18dB.
set gain no higher than half way, or match it to the line voltage of the head unit if you can.

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 84
yeah, be careful with how much you give those subs ... the kx1200.1 usually is 1450-1550 watts of power, so ... you might want to be careful :D

Post Number: 9
should the filter switch be on or off?.... I had it on for the past week while i was testing it with my old sub.

Yea, too many watts for the subs, but I bought the amp before the speakers for some higher watt speakers, but then decided not to get the kicker solobarics after talkin to a few people on the discussion boards, so I went with the kicker comp vr's which people seem to love. Overkill, but atleast my amp won't have to be all the way up and it won't be overworked ;-)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5150
yeah LPF should be on. any bass boost circuits should be off or set flat.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5151
by the way if those subs are each dual 2 ohm versions, you'll be at 300wRMS each anyway which is ideal.
600 watts total

Post Number: 10
They are the dual 4 ohm version, so i could get them down to the 1ohm...but obviously I didn't need to get them to 1ohm because I can't use all the 1200 watts anyways, so I shoulda got the 2 ohm..lol.. oh well

Thanx for everyone's help, i appreciate it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us