Bi-amp query

Maynard1391
Unregistered guest
I need to know how to wire in a second amp and hook it to my rear 6x9s. I have a mono amp for my sub(4ohm) and the 6x9s are nonbridged 4ohm each.

I dont understand if both will be getting enough power or somehow they will draw off eachother and start putting power in the wrong places. I only plan to power the rear speakers with the second amp.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5071
you'll ned a two-channel amp for the 6x9s.

Maynard1391
Unregistered guest
what should I do about the RCAs? I only have one set of preamp outputs on my headunit. I know I need a distribution block hooya. ALso what about the remote turn on lead, I'll have to splice another one in no?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5086
you can split the remote trigger to turn on up to about 3 devices before you need to add a relay to boost the current for the trigger.
since you only have one set of pre-outs, you'll need an electronic crossover, like the Coustic XM-3 or similar.

davidryder
Unregistered guest
or you can get an equalizer, they have 4 channel rca output and plus one for sub, and sometimes and aux input. plus you can get a 4-channel amp for a little more and power all 4 speakers, just run the cables for the front speakers up to the back of the head unit and splice them from there if you don't feel like going through the door
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us