GLASSWOLF HELP!

PLEASEHELPME
Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" Solobaric L7's and a Ported Box with 2 Terminal Cups...How would I wire this with each sub having its own terminal? I want to get a 1 ohm load to go into my Kx1200.1.....please help!! Also, would I then connect the positive with positive and negative with negative from each terminal and then connect it into the amp???

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4957
well first I need to know the coil configuration for your L7s.
single or dual coil, how many ohms per coil?

PLEASEHELPME
Unregistered guest
DVC 4ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Mattellermets

Danville, IL US

Post Number: 20
hey, i'm not quite glass wolf... but i suppose you could call me a plastic dog? lol anyways i can help with the wiring

how are they wired within the box? each DVC speaker is "seen" by the amp as being two individual 4 ohm loads, so you are in theory working with four 4 ohm speakers. 4/4 = 1, so your four 4 ohm loads in parallel will present a 1 ohm load.

IF the coils on each speaker are already in parallel (each coil [+] to terminal [+], each coil [ -] to terminal [ -] ), then the L7's represent a 2 ohm load at each terminal.

all you need to do is, like you said, "connect the positive with positive and negative with negative from each terminal and then connect it into the amp"

an easy way to do this is simply run the wires from the amp to one terminal then from that terminal to the next.

something to consider, however, is the fact that the KX1200.1 is no sissy amp, and unless you are running fairly heavy guage speaker wire, you might want to run a seperate wire from each terminal directly to the amp, doubling the possible current flow, simply to minimise any loss due to the wire (probably by far the most inexpensive part of your install). i'm not sure exactly, but i think 12ga would be plenty. I usually figure, go overkill on wiring, hate to see expensive equipment suffer reduced performance due to a $5-10 problem.

PLEASEHELPME
Unregistered guest
yes, i have 12ga, thank you

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4977
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

there ya go :-)

just wire coils in parallel (pos to pos, neg to neg) on each sub, then wire one set of speaker terminals to the box terminals on each sub.
after that I think your amp has two sets of speaker terminals to make things easy.
wire one sub to each set of amp terminals.
if the amp isn't like this, just wire both subs to the amplifier terminals to put them in parallel.
that's your 1 ohm load.
like noted above by the previous poster.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us