Looking for best subwoofer

Username: Steryd

Post Number: 1
I am trying to buy best subwoofer with great SQ and deep bass to my car, and I don't know which brand to choose. Please someone help me out ( range 250$)

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 24
try the car audio forums

Kickers are sweet in Car Audio though.

Username: Steryd

Post Number: 3
Thanks I heard about them some good news

CarSubWoofer
Unregistered guest
look no further than Image Dynamics IDQ 12 or the IDMAX 12, excellent SQ and good SPL, work extremely well in smaller enclosure.

needsomesubs
Unregistered guest
Anyone know if the jvc CSWG1200 warren g special edition subs are any good?

Username: Ugzz

Pittsburgh, PA USA

Post Number: 6
agreed on the idq, i dont have em but a budy of mine does... amazing sound.. but thats a little over the 250$ mark unless you go ebay and get no warrently. sounddomain is a authorized dealer, but there more $ for that, but you do get a warenty. I also like jls alot and you can find them local in alota states. Also i hear good things about xtant. i want to hear one so bad but the only dealers are a good 5 hour drive from me. and thats a bit far just to hear a sub

Thiozinho
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to get subs as well, and what i been told is that the diamond TDX is one of the best for the buck, they are a lil more than $250, but i've been told that they are worth it

Unregistered guest
my 4x Niche Audio NW1200HO will blow ur truck up BLING BlaNG i still need to buy tha amps tho :-( .... and the wires...extra battery to run the system...!?!?!

allbouthebass
Unregistered guest
watt about rockfords, n e good news on them?

Unregistered guest
i got 2 12" crunch powerzone subs n' a 1400W visionik amp in a 97' taraus ... i was wantin to buy some nice door speakers n' maybe 2 more subs but i aint really sure wha the best ones are in kinna new at this so i'd like some advice thanks

Username: Ao7

Evansville, IN US

I am looking for 2 "12" subwoofers, but i dont know what kind i should get. I have a 98 Camry and i want people to hear me coming down the street. Agian i dont know what i should get. Right now i have 1 "12" MTX which is alright but i want to be louder. I want to spend about 1500. Also what kind of box i should get, enclosed or vented?

Username: Monkey_man_jack

Post Number: 7
For everyone looking for a powerful sub, look no further buy a JBL. JBL has a 15 inch 1000 watt car subwoofer for only like $300. I heard the 10 inch version and that one was very powerful, and this one is 5 inches BIGGER! If you like lots of bass and want the people down the street to hear you coming then I'd suggest buying three of these. Sure its overkill, but WHO CARES?! Youl probably raddle your car to peices, but at least it'll sound great and feel great.

Unregistered guest
I am putting 2 subs in the trunk of my 2001 Ford Focus sedan. I have no idea which subs to get. I have a few options, but know nothing about their quality. I have the choice of Rockfords (10'or 12'/single or dual voice coil), Sony (Xplod 12' single coil) or Pioneer(12' single voice coil). I have no idea whats the best. I listen to alot of rap music and techno music. I want the bass to sound clean, but at the same time be heard from a distance. What kind of box would work the best. Thanks

Unregistered guest
Pioneer 12" SVC fosho. Dont buy sony (They have been rubbish for about 3 years now in car audio). RF arent as good "bang for buck" as the pioneer but still great. Get 12" because 10" is too punchy for rap and the 15" is too large to punch. The 12" is great in between. With the box; use the manufactures recomendations. They tune them to perfection.

Username: Benchiari

Hi Happy New year everyone
I have Bose life style 5 for last ten years and performs great. I want to add a powered subwoofer. Will the system allow for me to do that.
Ben

Username: Audiobahnmahn

Hey, i own a 97 ford taurus with a 12inch alum12q audiobahn sub.....few words are used to described the deep bass notes it hits..mainly because you can barely hear anything once you get out of the car...i have only one in my car it has 2000 watts max 1000 watts rms with 1.75 inch rubber surround, and with a audiobahn A8000T amp only putting 800 watts to the sub, all my friends can hear me literally 3 streets away. Like you said only 250..you found the right hook up..right now millionbuy.com is selling each of those subs for 100 a piece but if that deal ends by the time you see this, caraudioexpert.com sells them for 185 thats with shipping and handling :-). I have almost the right amount of cash to upgrade to my duel sub set up with a A2300HCT 2 channel 1 ohm@2400watts i cannot wait...you thought rock concerts were loud, wait til i get my duels in.

geo
Unregistered guest
I have a question, how do ohms differ in sound.. i really dont understand the 1,2, 4, 6 ohms..

i want two subs and an amp that will sound loud.. i would get the subs at around 200 and an amp around 350.. which one is good for this??

geo
Unregistered guest
MAttiobahn, im very interetsted in your idea.. what deck do u have with the subs.. also is there a less expensive amp that will be as good as a8000t

Dainja
Unregistered guest
What would be the best subs, at about $250 give or take a little, for an 04' Honda Civic?

Unregistered guest
Look guys, if your looking for spl com, go to the mtx 9500, they dog out the jl w7's and is the most versitile sub on the market, i have two 9500 04 4ohm svc in my 98 tracker hitting -178 decimals won 3 all state nationals, subs going for 399.00 write back.....

tundra bass
Unregistered guest
Rockford Fosgate P3's 12" $220.00 a piece along with a rockford amp 1500 max power bridge em will give any one more than enough of what they need. trust me

Username: Agazdecki

I'd go with JL Audio. From what ive been reading none of the people on this post know what their talking about. If you want nice clean sound RE and JL are the way to go.

A single 12" JL w3v2 would be perfect or the RE SE series is nice too. I'm running the w3v2s and they are great.
www.jlaudio.com
www.reaudio.com

Unregistered guest
The experience I have with the subs n sh!t is Quantum Audios 12' and 10' they are great subs they sound awesome. I recommend them to anyone who wants to get a great response on their system for very little money these subs are about 100-110.00 I'm telling you these subs are great

Unregistered guest
Bottom line is, the more money, the more bass. However it don't take alot of money to shake the windows of the neighbers house. I've had every subwoofer mentioned in theses articles in my trunk/hatch back at one point or another. The truth is, if you feed a sub the power it wants, it'll bass hard! Some hit deeper, some play louder, but to the human ear, 500 watts is 500 watts, 1000 watts is 1000 watts. For instance, I can take a set of 12" subs (any name brand) that can handle 300 watts a piece (RMS) in a bandpass box with a cheap 600 watt amp (any name brand) as long as it's RMS power and rock the block. When your looking for serious window cracking bass. Yeah you need RMS power, but the Box plays a big role too. Big boxes = Big bass with a less powerful amp. Yeah, small sealed boxes work to, but you need a more powerful amp to get the sub to perform like it was designed to. Good luck fellas and keep bringing the bass! I sure will. I have 4 15" Punch Power series woofers and 4 Power Bd1000's putting out over 4,000 watts RMS power in an 04 Suburban. Talk about a bass fanatic. I blew the back, front and both side windows with 197 SPL about half way up!!!! The only reason I didn't blow the others is becasue I removed them prior tothe SPL test! I'm scared to push it any further..... and the crazy thing is that yo8u can take any name brand and put the effort and money into it and get the same SPL's...I'm gona prove it soon with all Pyramid components....stay tuned!!!

Unregistered guest
hey wuts up everyone? If you have the money then build a killer sound system.Im 16 i have a 1996 chevy silverado extended cab.i put it 2 12 inch treo sub woffers model number ssx12.22 they handle 2000 watts rms.they cost me $700 each.they have a 534 ounce magnet.to push them i purchased 2 zapco 1100.1 amps they run about $1000 each. then i installed 6.5 inch components system in the stock locations of the front doors. i also installed custom kickpanels where they hold another set of a component system.they are also 6.5 inches.they kick panels were like 150 bones.in the rear i installed a pair of 4bysixes all my speakers are pioneer. i push them to their limits with the same zapco amps.my head unit is a pioneer AVH-P6600dvd it has a 6.5 inch touch screen i can also watch dvds on it. i purchased a headrest package for $1499. i purchased most of my stuff at crutchfield. ecxept my amps and my subs. my sound system has shattered my front door windows both of them. if you want more info you can email me at www.jose13n@peoplepc.com you can go on www.treoonline.com to check out the subs and www.zapco.com to check out the amps.you can also go onto www.crutchfield.com to check out mostly anything for car audio and video you can search for the right stuff for your car they have mostly every vehicle they also give you free installation kits for headunits and speakers. so if you want a killer sound system dont rush to buy one just save your money and then you will have one better than the next guy.or car. peace out homies.

Headbussseeeer
Unregistered guest
Wuzup--this--is yall SC boy repping and I know a lot about a car audio sound system if you all want to knock hard go to www.google.com and type in car amps or car subwoofers and yall can get them for cheap and its over 50 percent cheaper than the store with all the hight prices. I am about to be the hardest hitter in SC with my car audio I bought 2 Audiobahn 5000 watts car amplifiers and 2 memphis 1500 amplifiers with 2 Audiobahn linear compression 3000 watts subwoofers and 2 Kickers subwoofers With 2 car Stinger 20 farad capacitors and a 7" Pioneer tv in dash system in my 2002 honda accord 4 doors with the 2 front lambo doors and the 2 back sucide and 21" Chrome on the Honda Accord 2 tv's in the headrests, 2 tv's in the visors,one 10" flip down tv from the ceiling, and one fine a** girl name Melissa who I love thats my heart so holla at your boy if yall needs some help hooking up yall car by the way did I tell yall about my paint job on my ride it cost $2500 It's a candy burgerdy thats look like wet blood, oh yeah it's real shiny especially when the sun hit it thats how we do it in SC so holla back if you need help hit me up at Getdownrlaydown05@hotmail.com peace out.

Unregistered guest
I have a Dodge truck reg. cab and i dont know what the best subs would be to put in there i had some MTX 4500 thunders back there but i took those out because i didnt want to hurt them. so could someone please help i need to figure out what kinds of subs to buy thanx

Username: Addicted2bass69

Cottonwood, Arizona United States

If you want to buy some good subwoofers I would prefer 1 10" RE Triple X sub with a 6000 watt amp, they only make about 50 of those subs a year and they ship them straight out of Las Vegas, Nevada, you can get the sub and the 6000 watt amp, and a head unit for about $2500 but it is worth it though (they pound hard trust me)

Username: Firedog

Champaign, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 2
i have 2 12 inch alpine type x and a 2400 memphis mojo amp and im hitting 145 db's

Unregistered guest
HAY ALL YOU ALL LOOK LIKE YOU KNOW THAT YOUR TAKING ABOUT HAVE YOU HERD ABOUT THE
Power Acoustik MOFO-12" SUB WOOFER IS IT GOOD I HAVE A Hifonics Brutus BX1000D 1 Channel CLASS-D Amplifier
RMS Watts: 1000 x 1 - Bridged Watts: 700 x 1 - Built-in Crossover - Bass Boost - 90 db Signal to Noise Ratio
IS THAT A GOOD SUB FOR IT I HAVE A 1996 BUICK REGAL COSTUM 3.8 V6 TWIN SUPERCHARGED
E-MAIL ME AT radrader2000@yahoo.com
THX ALL

Steve__o
Unregistered guest
A few posts up someone was asking about the difference in ohms...IM curios as to what the difference is too, and what is best, also if you want big bass should you be running your subs at rms wattage or max? thanks.

rhyb33333
Unregistered guest
hi , a have 3 bazooka P.Miller liquid coolde with chill plug 12inch,3 bazooka EL1500 600w,and my god the bass!!!! i have a saturn ion Redline and the sound ....ohhhhh...anyway i love bazooka, i have too front 6.5 + tweeter bazooka,rear 4X 6.5 and in the suicid door i have 6.5, all in bazooka and for the amp is . 3X EL 1300 they push 300watt each! my player deck is a panasonic cd-c9700u
thats all!!!

Jayb
Unregistered guest
Chech out PIONEER PREMIER line subs, some are up around 5000w at fairly decent prices.

Username: Mitch_001

Alpine Type S i have 2 in my truck and the pound mad

f-bomb*
Unregistered guest
Ohms is impedance, or resistance to the flow of electrical energy through a conductive material. if you have a 4 ohm sub, it will make an amp work twice as hard as a 2 ohm sub would (depending on wiring.) Do not make the mistake of wiring your subs at too low of an impedance for your amp. It will go into protect and shut off, irritating you lots.

f-bomb*
Unregistered guest
Ohms is impedance, or resistance to the flow of electrical energy through a conductive material. if you have a 4 ohm sub, it will make an amp work twice as hard as a 2 ohm sub would (depending on wiring.) Do not make the mistake of wiring your subs at too low of an impedance for your amp. It will go into protect and shut off, irritating you lots.

Anonymous

I am planning on getting the probox cx-210, but I dont know what kind of subwoofers or amp to put in it. The box Has 1 cu. ft. per side, and a mounting depth of 6.5." It is also a ported box. Does any one have any suggestions?

steve__o
Unregistered guest
So do you need to match the sub ohms with the amplifiers ohms? if you had a 3 ohm sub could you run it with a 4 ohm amp? or does a 4 ohm amp just mean it can handle up to 4 ohms?

thanks

Unregistered guest
i just purchased a 10" alpine type x. any suggestions on best box to use? sealed, vented, or bandpass?

A Little Bit Smarter
Unregistered guest
CustomAudio

You are quite possibly the biggest Idiot I have ever met. First of all, what's Decimals? They're called DECIBELS..lol

Second off - do you understand at ALL what 178 DB would do to you? It would literally make your ear drums burst and damn near make your head explode man...

If you want raw power(just solid bass) look at DD Audio(www.ddaudio.com) DD Audios do not have the best sound quality, but offer incredible bass. If you want sound quality along with good bass, look for Resonant Engineering(RE) X X X or Adire Audio Brahma. JL Audio is also a good solution to that, but are highly overpriced...that's just my opinion and I wanted to call out the dude who is saying two 9500 MTXs hit 178 lol

Unregistered guest
yeah 2 MTX 9500s hit about 165. It would take 5 or more 9500s to hit 178db. my friend has four 12 inch audiobahn linear compressions with 2000 watts rms going to each which is 8000 watts rms and hes hitting 164db.

Blunt
Unregistered guest
Hey i have 2 Hifonics Zeus ZX7500 1k watt Amplifiers and i plan on hooking them up to 2 12" subwoofers. What would be my best bet for those amps, and should i just use 1 amp or hook 1 amp to each speaker like i was planning on doing? Also i plan on getting 2 10" and a 15", has anyone heard this combonation of subwoofers? Does it sound good? help plz.

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 34
Sorry but i dont have a lot of time to go and read the hole post so i don know if anyone has mentioned it or not but check out JL audio they make some real nice subs

Unregistered guest
Hey i am looking for a good stero system to compitt. I was thinking of getting some 12" audiobahn but i herd a lot of $hit about them, so what do reccomend i should get. My buddget is $5,000.

Just Deep
Unregistered guest
Blood Rain,

I would recommend the following :

Speakers : Image Dynamics Chameleons

Subs : Image Dynamics IDQ's or IDMAX

Amplifiers : Audison or ARC Audio or Helix

Head Unit : Clarion DRZ 9255

I hope that will take care of USD 5000 :-)

I have used audiobahn in the past but was no great shakes.

Image Dynamics rules.

Regards

Just Deep

Unregistered guest
Why are u all naming unheard of brands? The JL W6V2 has the best sound quality out of any sub and the Solobaric L7's hit so deep they rock the streets but dont sound as good or the MTX 9500 is amazing, Go with the heard of names there big name brands for a reason

blitzeclipse
Unregistered guest
damn 5000 thats a dream system pioneer premier head unit dual Rockford Fosgate power stage 2's pr dual Jl dub 7's NEVER GET AUDIOBAHN ITS MADE FOR SHOW CARS NOT FOR QUALITY. The JL 1000/1 amps are AMAZING i have no idea about speakers i got some infinitys that sound nice though

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1742
infiniti's are very nice lol

Runnin JL's
Unregistered guest
For the money, there is no better sub than JL. i am running 2 12w3's in my 04 civic. i have eclipse front and rear speakers. i have a JL amp too since the store quit selling my planet audio amps. The JL's pound and sound great. If you really have a lot of dough though, I would go with w6's. or even w7's. but anyone that is talking about infinities and rockfords..guys they suck. and anyone that buys their car equipment at best buy and circuit city let me let u in on a little secret...go to a real car audio store. much better quality.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1773
runnin jl's sorry guy, but jl's are not the best for there money, SOWWWY to dissapoint you you brought up the w6's and w7's lets see here,

12w7=600
12 eclipse Ti=350
Eclipse will beat the w7 in spl and sq, and cheaper, better build as well

12w6v2=379
10 eclipse al(88100)=230
both subs built for sq, the eclipse al in my opinion is slightly better in sq and the w6v2 is slightly better in spl.
sorry, but eclipse is better and cheaper, and will most likely last longer, also lets not forget about RE products, dont even think the w7 has as uch spl as the MT or as much sq as the x.x.x.

But also, RF t series line is better than jl's stuff as well, maybe not the w7's, possibly the w6's. but infiniti's are for sq not spl and actually sound great, dont forget the HUGE price difference, and RF p3's are not bad subs either, for 150 each, GREAT, but if you go to cc or bb you will get screwed over simple as that, but not all car audio stores know, the one near my house is retarded

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1774
"Bottom line is, the more money, the more bass. However it don't take alot of money to shake the windows of the neighbers house. I've had every subwoofer mentioned in theses articles in my trunk/hatch back at one point or another. The truth is, if you feed a sub the power it wants, it'll bass hard! Some hit deeper, some play louder, but to the human ear, 500 watts is 500 watts, 1000 watts is 1000 watts. For instance, I can take a set of 12" subs (any name brand) that can handle 300 watts a piece (RMS) in a bandpass box with a cheap 600 watt amp (any name brand) as long as it's RMS power and rock the block. When your looking for serious window cracking bass. Yeah you need RMS power, but the Box plays a big role too. Big boxes = Big bass with a less powerful amp. Yeah, small sealed boxes work to, but you need a more powerful amp to get the sub to perform like it was designed to. Good luck fellas and keep bringing the bass! I sure will. I have 4 15" Punch Power series woofers and 4 Power Bd1000's putting out over 4,000 watts RMS power in an 04 Suburban. Talk about a bass fanatic. I blew the back, front and both side windows with 197 SPL about half way up!!!! The only reason I didn't blow the others is becasue I removed them prior tothe SPL test! I'm scared to push it any further..... and the crazy thing is that yo8u can take any name brand and put the effort and money into it and get the same SPL's...I'm gona prove it soon with all Pyramid components....stay tuned!!!""

wow your a complete freaking moron!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1775
wow lots of correctning now that i went back and looked.

ok here we go
monkeymanjack-jbl only has one good car audio product, the jbl 1200.1

andrew G-with the things your mentioned go with RF

customaudio-9500's arent that good, the w7's and Ti's and x.x.x eat them alive, also you didnt hit 178 db's the world record at the moment is 181 and thats in SUPER PORT WARS, and without that its like 171 or somen like that, the earth atmosphere only allows 180 decibals of sound and standing under a rocketship taking off is 200 db's the only reason that is possible is because chemicals change the atmosphere

headbusser-audiobahn sucks-your civic cant handle all that current, how come nooone mentioned new alternators???

richard flannagon-i hope you mean the MT now the x.x.x the x.x.x is rated at 1600 watts rms, not 6000

Timdjlkfldk -yea 2 9500's wouldnt hit that hard, either would 5 of them, i would highly doubt you would get 150 db's from them in a custom ported box tuned slightly below your cars peak frequency

sorry to be mean guys, but none of you know what you are talking about

Runnin JL's
Unregistered guest
subfanatic...eclipse does make good quality stuff. thats y i have their speakers. however, for the money i was talkin about the w3. and a sub isnt just about pounding windows out. its also about quality and clarity. but the jl's are better subs than the elcipse and the re might be better than jl but usually more expensive and harder to get ahold of where i live.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1782
yea could be depending on where you live, but they ship world wide, but this is all a matter of opinion, but Eclipse makes better Subs than Jl's in my opinion, sound better, pound harder, simple as that

Anonymous

I was wondering what system would be better two 12" W3v2 JL Audio subwoofers with a JL Audio 500/1 monoblock "Slash"-Series Amplifier. Or 2 12" SW8100 Aluminum series Eclipse subwoofers with a 1200W 1 channel Eclipse amplifier (DA7122).

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1785
id go with the 8120 subs and the 1200 amp nice setup

Runnin' JL's
Unregistered guest
If you are gonna run jl's run atleast 350 watts to each. otherwise you will have some distortion as you turn them up a bit. I personally would go with the 1000/1. that way if you ever wanted to upgrade your sub you could. I would go with JL but thats my opinion. but either will prolly work for what you want.

subfanatic...yea RE ships worldwide but i like to go to a store that way if i have a problem then i can just take them back and get a new set

Runnin' JL's
Unregistered guest
If you are gonna run jl's run atleast 350 watts to each. otherwise you will have some distortion as you turn them up a bit. I personally would go with the 1000/1. that way if you ever wanted to upgrade your sub you could. I would go with JL but thats my opinion. but either will prolly work for what you want.

subfanatic...yea RE ships worldwide but i like to go to a store that way if i have a problem then i can just take them back and get a new set

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1791
yea thats true, but RE has amazing customer service, a guy in india ordered a 15 x.x.x and they sent it to him uhhhh either ups or DHL or Fedex or somen, idk i dont remember lol, but when it got there somen in packaging was fed up, so they refunded his shipping costs(like 200 bucks lol) payed to have it shipped back, and he said he meant to get the dvc 2 ohm instead of the 4 ohm so they were like ok and they just gave him that sent it back no charge, RE is amazing lol, but the eclipses will hit harder and sound better than the w3's

big j
Unregistered guest
I have a dodge ram 2500 with 2 10" Alpine type E's run with a MTX 4001 amp. I want to upgrade to get better sound quality, but don't know what to get... Would 2 10" JL Audio 10w3v2's work with a 500/1 amp? Space is tight and I can't have a sub thicker than the 3v2's to fit in the space...

Username: Justme

Coats, Nc Usa

if your looking sound that will blow you away, get a set of 12" Warren G signature series subwoofers from JVC. I got mine at http://www.ncsave.com they have alot of products at low prices!!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1890
yea the 2 jlw3v2's would be great

Unregistered guest
Response Subwoofer
BIG BASS small size.

http://www.responsethai.com

Unregistered guest
I am going to get two 12 inch Power Acoustik Mofo subs and I want to know what would be the best box to put them in?? Any suggestions??
Hz-40
box size-2.4ft (for each sub)
Port size-3 by 6.75
# of ports-2

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1926
mp9922, did u buy them yet, and is this car audio??, but if you havent bought them, tell me what kind of amp your using, your price range for new subs, and ill pick somen much better out for you

SkieS
Unregistered guest
FOR THOSE THAT ARE RICH ONLY:-(and those who like to look :P)

MTX Jackhammer...I have been drooling over this thing for months now. 6,000 watts rms, 12,000 peak. 22" woofer, biggest I have ever heard/seen ...

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/jackHammer.cfm

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1970
the MTX jackhammer will be the strongest sub out, UNTIL the Prototype comes out! that sub is going to have amazing SPL and hold its Sq well, the Jackhammer has interchangable parts wehere you can cahnge it from spl to sq within like 5 mins, but its going to be WAY to expensive, and not worth it the prototype is going to be like 550 bucks prolly and is going to be just as good or bettter, f*c k the MTX

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1990
OH yea, DUH im an idiot, i just remembered the ULTIMATE sub, its the strongest sub made, and it will EAT the JACKHAMMER ALIVE, the parthenon

SkieS
Unregistered guest
Any info on "The Parthenon?"

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2024
http://www.adireaudio.com/ go there, then to mobile and on the left click the parthenon

Unregistered guest
Hey I have a RF bd1000 amp and I just blew 2 RF punch HX2 I wanted to go with something deep SQ isnt really important but its always a factor. Im really trying to save some money spending no more than $250.

I bought my sister 2 infinity reference 10's and I can hear her mustang from a 4 blocks away inside my house. I have a navigator will I get a good boom off maybe 4 infinity 12's in a 4.5 cubic foot down fire box.

I was also considering 4 12in pyramid or volfenhag can they be good for $40 a piece.

I MISS MY BASS...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2049
is your amp the T10001bd amp or the 1001bd amp, i cant find the one your talking about

nah, pyrimad is a brand to stay away from, volfenheg is "decent" not great or anything, but if you want to go with infinity i would suggest getting the kappa components, i just got 2 of them, great sound quality and decent bass, but anyhting will be louder in your navigator than her mustang, her cabin gain is horrible compaired to hers, but i wouldnt downfire them, and if you want to be really LOUD, just port the box 5 hrtz below your cars peak frequency and just buy like 2 or 3 sony explodes(cheap sucky subs) that can get LOUD, i made 2 12 inch sony explodes in aported boxin a jeep grand cherokee hit 145 db's

Unregistered guest
Hi I am going to upgrade my system and I was wondering what you guys think would pound harder for my golf 2 10 inch JL audio w7's or 2 10 inch Alpine Type X subs I dont care which is more bang for the buck I just want to know what is more bang thanks guys

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2324
the 10 inch jl w7's will wipe them clean, but why are you limiting yourself to these, you can do SO much better for the price of the jl's but, are you looking for sq or spl

Unregistered guest
Hi so the W7's would live up to their name hey cause i was reading specs and the type X has some ridiculous ratings for the 10 inch like 1000 wats rms and 3000 wats peak so what do you think is a better sub for the buck keep in mind i need a 10 inch sub

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2333
well in the 10 inch range, you cna look at 10w7's 10x.x.x i think tey make them, 10 mt's not sure, and 10 mtx 9500's, all cheaper ibelieve

Unregistered guest
Will the W7 outperform the MTX 9500 and also which sub is more effecient

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2353
ummm, the 10w7 and the 10 9500 are both VERY close but as the w7 line increases in size, its power does as well, the 10 9500 doesnt really increase much, these are the only two sizes thatcould compete with eachother lol, but i would take the w7

Unregistered guest
OK thanks for all your help I have estabolished that I am going to be getting 2 10 Inch JL Audio W7's in my golf DVC and I have 2 questions firstly will this be too loud or not quite loud enough and which kind of amp/amps should I have to power these 2 10's thanks for all the help guys

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2386
no prob, but may i ask why you are limitting yourself to 10's?

Unregistered guest
Well I am limiting myself mostly to tens because I just bought a volkswagen golf and it already has a custom enclosure built for 2 10 inch subs so I thought it would just be easiest to get 10's thank you

Derek Crombie
Unregistered guest
K guys I think I have canned the idea of two tens and I am going to go with either a 15" MMats Juggernaut sub or a 13.5" JL audio W7 which one would pound harder?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2413
the juggernaut sub would get louder, but the w7 would be close and sound better, but how much money do you have to spend, i could get you a louder application

Unregistered guest
I have approxiamtely 2500 to spend on subwoofers/amp so i am looking for the nicest deal

Unregistered guest
ok if I get a 15" Juggernaut sub would a phoenix gold ti 1200.1 amp be enough to power this monster of a sub

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2484
derek, do you want sq(sound quality) or spl(sound pressure level) cause you can do a HELL of alot better with 2500 bucks, do you need a HU, i can pick almost everything out for your gold and make it sound really erally really nice or HIT HARD, or inbetweeen

Unregistered guest
I am looking for mainly SPL cause I want it to hit real hard just tell me what you think would be nice

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2494
honestly, do this. get 2 300 amp alternators for your car( www.motorcityreman.com ), ok, thats already takes you down to make 1900 bucks ok, then get a 12 inch RE mt, ( www.reaudio.com ) get the sub that is QVC 1 ohm each coil ok, make sure to specify when u call cause they come in 500,000 mods, that takes your down to uh, 1400 bucks to spend on amps, then get 4 hifonics brutus 1500d amps, those retail around 300 each (http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=295&1=296&3=3574 ) that takes you down to like 3 or 4 hundred for a box if you do good shopping on those amps, now you need a box, call up or email. www.powered4sound.com , tell them you need a single shot snail shell box for a 12 inch MT takeing 6,000 watts rms, and they will build you a nicely tuned box for it for under 300 bucks, so there ya go, OR, you can send me 150 bucks and ill ship you a box tuned 5 hrtz below your cars peak frequency if you find that out, and that will be the LOUDest system you could possibly get in your car with that amount of money, and will get louder than anything you have ever heard, any money left ove eneds to go into a a 6 farad capacitor and 2 optima yellow top batteries with a battery isolater

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2495
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=295&1=296&3=2044 sorry this is the amp, not the one i gave you earlier

Unregistered guest
Alright, im not so familiar with all of the latest subwoofers or sound systems in general...im looking for some guidance and any suggestions on good buys here....i have a 2000 4 door tahoe and a budget of a little over $500...what are the best subwoofers i can buy?
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2892
do u want sq or spl, sq is sound quality, spl is sound pressure level, do u want 1 or 2 subs, is your budget including a HU, amp, subs, boxes, what?

Unregistered guest
I'm looking for preferably 2 strong subs or 1 incredibly strong sub...whichever provides a deeper base sound....i'd like a good balance of both sq and spl if possible...i have a $500+ to spend on the subwoofers themselves and any other necessary items ie. amp boxes HU(not sure what that is)....sorry i didn't clarify before....what do you reccomend i look into?

flbball23
Unregistered guest
This is the setup i have and it sounds great. I have 2 jl 12 inch w3v2 running off a kenwood excelon mono amp. I have custom boxes made for them in my f150. For the subs and amp it will probably cost you around $840, but it is worth it.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2914
nah the w3v2's are good sounding, but extremely weak subs, i have installed around 10 of them and with all aplications have tremendous sq but lacks spl.

But sir, if u have 500 plus to spend on subs, I would DEF look into a 15 inch x.x.x this will beat out a w7 in spl and sq,and are around 450 shipped. BUT if u want somen to get EXTREMELY LOUD get a 15 inch Eclipse ti, but if u can shell out 800 bucks on a sub, get the 15 inch Eclipse TI PRO, this sub will be one of the strongest and best sounding subs u will ever hear. those are great choices for subs, in my opinion i would go with the 15 TI, i have one, and have owned all the subs mentioned besides the 15 inch ti pro, the 15 ti retails at 500 but u can get them for 350 at www.electonicgiants.com

after that, u need a HU, look into somen taht is going to give you a high Voltage, i would suggest the eclipse 8454, builtin eq. For amps, after you decide on a sub ill help you pick one out, as far as boxes, u would wantt o go ported no this and most prefab boxes will result in poor sq becasue theya re tuned so high, so i would reccomend building your own or having someone like myself do a custom one for you.

Unregistered guest
Hey there man if u need a sub I have one for sale it is a 15" Phoenix gold titanium subwoofer 650 watts rms I can sell it to you for 350 shipped if u want post on this board if u want it or email me at juggernaut__10@hotmail.com

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2950
pg only makes good amps

Unregistered guest
what about the phoenix gold titanium elite subwoofer what is wrong with that

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2988
there isnt anything wrong with it, but for 350 shipped you can get an avalanch 15 or a 15 ti, or somen along those lines that would tear that sub up

Unregistered guest
350 aint all that much especially when I am canadian go ahead and try and find a better sub for that price canadian it isn't that easy.

Relax
Unregistered guest
OMG thank you subfanatic, seriously more than half of these people are seriously retarded.

Anyways, If you want to make your car ongodly loud focus on the one thing that is rarely focused on: the box. There are numerous types of boxes, from sealed and vented to frontloaded horns, and thousands of different boxes to build. Get yourself some good subwoofer enclosure software, start out with winISD. Model your subs in the different enclosures and build what increases the efficiency of your sub. Boxes dominate how your sub will perform, regardless of power consumption.

I am currently running only two Infinity Reference Series 10s that not only hit hard as hell in my custome front-loaded horn enclosure, but they play so fast that I can actually hear individual impacts of a drum while the subs are at their Xmax. SPL is for the rich pro audio guys, SQ is what is worth getting.

Also; no idea if anyone cleared up the impedance questions early on, but heres the deal: Impedance is measured in ohms and the higher the ohms the more the sub will constrict the flow of electrons. So you think lowest phms possible. WRONG. When the juice starts flowing with little to no resistance, the sub stops following the complex wave forms its supposed to. Which is why most amps are only 2 ohm stable. If you do have th emoney you can find 1, .5 and .25 ohm amps out there.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3166
thank you relax lol, but yes he is totally right about the box, the rule of thumb is 80 percebnt install, 20 percent equip, quick demo, if any of you know, i build boxes professionally, designs them everything, but we took a 1500d amp hooked it up to a 15 inch x.x.x in a ported enclosure tuned to 35 hrtz. hit HARD, then we took 2 12 inch sony explodes, i built a custom box, and we demolisghed the x.x.x with EASE, and my single 15 ti is going to take the meca world record this year in as3

LuciferCLG310
Unregistered guest
Ok hears the deal, a friend of mine purchased a 12' solobaric L7 and hes convienced that the L7 is the best speaker on the market. I was wondering if there is a speaker thats resonable on price and will still blow the L7 away. I have some ideas on speakers that might be better and which of the 3 could compete with the L7. (JL W7, Audiobahn Immortal Series AWIS12P, MTX Sledgehammer T9500. Thakx alot!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3271
The MTX's wont do it, the audiobahns wont, but the w7 has a great chance, if u want to slaughter it in spl AND sq look into an RE x.x.x or an Eclipse Ti, either of those two subs, alog wwith a w7 should absolutly slaughter that sub, and be chaper than the w7

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 790
Somebody please tell the dumb children to exit the home audio forum, and enter the car audio forum if they wish to discuss those obnoxious car subwoofers.

I always get a laugh when I see a $100 rustbucket rolling down the highway filled with thumping garbage audio gear.

Cant you kiddies read?? Somebody please point the ghetto children to the direction of the CAR-AUDIO forum.

Unregistered guest
hey, i got a question for you Subfanatic,since you know wat u tlaking up here,you probably might can help me out to choice wat to get,iam tossing up with rockfords and Digtal Design, some people is telling me to get Digtal Design and some people is telling me to get rockfords,the series for digtal design they telling me to get 9500s series and for the rockfords they telling me to get thier power series T2 with T212Bd(i think thats the model no for rockfords amp) and for the Design they told me to get a cailba which it got 3000rms,so you see i dont know wat to get,people who told me to get degital design they also said it to me that desgin design holds the world record for spl as well,so can u please hep me out to make my descision more easier

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3557
world record is held by some pioneers i believe, but that will soon be broken by II with 2 jbl 5000s, but the dds are strictly spl subs, and get LOUDER than most any other sub with a few ahead of it, the T2s i have installed and honestly, i dont care for t1s or t2s because for the same price you can get Eclipse Ti's, But how much is your budget??? what are you looking for??? spl or sq??? how many subs and what size do you want, but if your giong with one of those two i would DEF take the DD subs and amp, but ive never heard of that amp before.

Username: Pimpzeus

United States

u cant go wrong with some mtx's or lanzar vibes, or audiobahns cuz those really pound if u want alot of bass

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3579
your an idiot brandon, mtx makes ONE good line of subs, the 9500's, still not worth the money, lazad SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and audiobahn makes the third worst subs!!!!!!!, dont talk unless you know somen about car audio

blue_surge
Unregistered guest
audiobahn makes the third worst subs as compared to what exactly? i've heard a lot of audiobahns (and i've owned a crapload of other brands of subs) and the audiobahns aren't anywhere near the worst. far as big-name brands go that i've personally had, Sony would be the worst. MTX was average (but not the worst). Atomics (when they made them, i don't know if they do still) make you damn near wanna throw up they hit so hard. right now i have two Infinity 1260's with an Alpine MRV amp driving them. Two things: The Infinity's aren't the most expensive subs i've ever had nor are they necessarily the absolute loudest, but as far as accuracy goes, Infinity is one of the best. point #2 is: Alpine's amps are under-rated because they're often over-shadowed by their head units, but they make some clean amps. bass-wise, i can't say this set-up is louder than what alot of my friends have (although it is pretty loud), but i can definitely say it's cleaner. Finally, how you set your stuff up is more important than what you have and that's a fact. IF you spend time tweakin' the sound and do everything right (get a good cap, set proper crossovers, etc.) then you'd probably be happy with the majority of the subs that've been mentioned in most of these posts. but audiobahn the third worst subs? I think you're the idiot Subfanatic, coz that's a laughable statement. i wouldn't put audiobahn in the same crap-hole as Sony, Kenwood, Pyramid, Jensen, etc. As far as subs go, those brands are bottom of the barrel, and to say audiobahn is anywhere near that low is ridiculous.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3632
audiobahn is just as bad as sony, if not worse, go find a 80 doller audiobahn, and i can guarantee you i cna get louder and clearer than you with a sony p5

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3633
and also blue_surge, maybe i should have added, fine audiobahn is the 3rd worst sub in MY opinion out of everyhting and i mean EVERYTHING i have ever delt with, its worse than sony, its worse than litening audio to, IN MY OPINION, and alot of people, the only ones under it are
1)Pyle
2)Pyrimad
3)Audiobahn, it sucks OK!

Unregistered guest
I have 200 bucks and id like a medeoker system for my 1995 neon. i want something cheap but sounds pretty good. hit me back. i want 2 subs and an amp.

Anonymous

I am sorry, and in the grand scheme of things it might not be such a big deal, but this is not a car audio forum. If you go to car audio section there is a thread for subwoofers, so why do you all insist on posting here???

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3688
lol anon is right, there are alot smarter people than me over there like jonathon and isaac, go on over there, but for 200 bucks i highly suggest saving up some omre, but if your sure about it, i can sell you a 12 inch Memphis Depth Charger in box for 110 bucks plus shipping and then u have 90 bucks to power it

Anonymous

hey subfanatic...Ill give YOU 400 bucks if you stop answering these guys...:-)

Anonymous

thanks Subfanatic ,iam really looking for spl records and loud,so u saying def go for dds not rockfords t2s,if iam goin for dds wat amp should i get,and iam looking two subs so hw many amp should i get, and wats sort of db i will be getting out in two dds 12 inc

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3692
get 2 dd of the 9500 series with 4000 watts rms to each in a ported box tuned to 53 hrtz and i bet you can break 155 db, which is amazing for 2 12s, actually like unreal, with my 2 15s im hitting like barely over 150

mitesh
Unregistered guest
thanks alot man,they also suggested me to get the caliber amp as well,the model no is 3000d,wats ur suggestion on that,i was thinking maybe get 2 amp to 2 subs,wats ur suggestion on that

Username: Cipriano

Clovis, NM United states

i WOULD RECOMMEND 2 12IN. JBL W7-3'S WITH DUAL VOICE COIL AND RUN YOU 800.00 A PEACE. OR TRY 2 12IN. MALLOTS (BY ORION) YOU'LL LOVE THESE INCREDIBLE SUBS AT ONLY 300.00 A POP. i JUST CAN NOT BLOW THIS SET NO MATTER WHAT.

Unregistered guest
i have a 10" pyle blue wave 1000 watt, 70oz mags. and dual 4ohm voice coil sub. I dont no what the rms power is but is that a good sub? its going into a 2000 s10 single cab

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3746
honestly, pyle is a very low quality sub/amp, very overrated and they are made very weak, but if this is going to be your first system then it should be fine, as long as YOU like it, thats all that really matters, but put about 50 watts rms less to it than it says, so put around 400 or 450 watts rms to it

mitesh
Unregistered guest
hey subfanatic,wats the model no for dds 12 inc which will give me 4000rms,cause i looked at thier website and all the 9500 series is showing only 1200rms,so wat model you talking about,iam little bit lost up here

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3926
9900, but it doesnt matter RMS on subs, HELL my subs are 750 watts rms and i put 1200 watts rms to them and am planning on putting 1500 each, for gods sake the MTX jackhammer is 10,000 watts rms, but they give it a 50,000 watt BURP, you cna put as much power to a sub as long as you dont exceed its thermal limits

mitesh
Unregistered guest
so if i get 2 dds 9500 series and a amp like 3000rms,wat sort spl i will be getting out of it,and do u suggest me to get two amp 3000rms or one will give me loud soundz

Tim Comer
Unregistered guest
I have a 1994 oldsmobile delta 88 i have installed a optima yellow top battery under the hood with two four guage power wires running to the trunk each power wire has a 250 amp circuit breaker for amps i have a old rockford 701s powering my subs and an old rockford 500.4 powering my interiors for interiors i have two boston aqcostic 6x9 in the back dash and i have component speakers in the front doors for subs i am running two jl audio 15" w3's in a sealed enclosure these subs match up perfectly with the 701s it beats so loud i have to wear earplugs when i turn it up i always hear people say 15's sound like garbage but these jl audios in a sealed enclosure sound better than my old 12" hx2's did most of the components in my stero are older so you can find them fairly cheap so if anyone is trying to beat very loud for under 1500.00 this is the ultimate setup trust me you will not be dissapointed

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3933
personally, if you can afford it i would go with 2, but are you looking for straight spl, and what is your budget on subs and amps???

Tim is right, that is a great setup, but for 1500 you can do a little better, but Tim im glad you like that, i have a friend with a [pretty similar setup, and with the 15 inch comment, im right there with you, i think 10s and 15s are the ebst sounding subs, i just DO NOT like 12s, i dont know why, and i never suggest them lol, they just dont have the low end i like of the 15 or the speed of the 10, but yoursetup sounds really nice dude

Username: Schrsitie11

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/105988.html

Hey there,

I am considering buying one of the SSX12.22 subs for my car.
I currently have a single JL Audio 10W7 in a 1.3 cubic sealed box.
I've worn it out though so I'm looking for a new sub.

Do you think a single SSX12.22 will outperform or equal my JL 10w7?
What sort of box do you have your subs in? Sealed? Ported? How big is it?

I'm also considering a JBL GTI 12", I looked it up and I can fit it in the box I have now, but I will be just under the recommended box size.

I'm also considering a IDMAX 12" , this speaker's specs match the sealed box I have now perfectly.

I'm also considering a JL Audio 12w7, This speaker will fit in my box now, but I will be just under the recommended box size.
I hesitate to get another JL w7 sub because it didn't hit as hard as I wanted too on the upper notes of the bass. These woofers only sound good at 50hrz and below to me. lol

I want a more musical sub like the other ones I listed. But whichever sub it is it needs to operate at a lower wattage and also be loud as possible, I need the cleanness also which is why I'm looking at these high end subs.

Here's a link to my some pics of my systems. It's in the shop right new getting reworked, will have to take new pics when it's done in a few weeks.

Let me know what you think.

- Stevo

16yrolds&modding
Unregistered guest
Ok well this is for Subfanatic...
This summer im planning on putting in ...
2(two) Shocker 3 subs
2(two) Orion 2500d amps
1(one) 2500hc Monster battery
1(one) custom ported enclosure...
does this seem like a good enough system? i mean im only 15 and i have lots of time to make this better. would this be suffecient for a starting system(i mean a high spl starting system)? ive been researching for a while and it seems that the shockers will suit me best(only $500 from friend). is there any other sub that will get my higher spl and isnt over $500? also im putting in these after i start working my second job at the audio store...
1(one) Orion p6.2 Component Speaker Set
1(one) Orion 800.4 Amp
is this stuff good enough? or have i been given bad advice?

-Brad

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4083
its all good stuff, but tell me total money you can spend and ill do better

Username: Pjcom

Currently - ... USA

Post Number: 5
would a jbl 600.1 be ideal to power a jl w6 10v2?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4096
i would get a 500/1 to power it, or a kicker kcx 600.1, but Yes I LOVE JBL though, so maybe go with that

Unregistered guest
Ok i am not a registered user of the board but i am kinda looking around and i might just join up....i am not gonna bash opinions or anything of the sort....but i am going to post my personal experiences...i drive a 01 firebird.....stood toe to toe with an escort with the titaniums...and out hit jugernatts.....with jl w3's. said part is locally the jl subs were cheaper and hit harder on the meter. beat the titanium by 7db. ported box against a vented. now i have a single 12w7 in a sealed box and i love it. keep in mind i use a 500/1 amp for it and i no longer run in spl comps. i just use it to listen to music and it does it well as i don't look to piss people off to much going down the road...but when i hear a few songs on the satalight radio i crank it. jl has never done me wrong in the last 2 years i have used em.... i have run many sorts of subs... from cheap to some of the higher dollar ones and from personal experience some of the cheaper subs are junk.....old saying is you get what you pay for and i hope i don't see anouther guy braggin about sony explode subs being some of the best subs on the market when there are much better ones out there!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4122
yea spyder i agree, what did u hit with your w3's?? and what size were they

RitchDogg
Unregistered guest
Subfanatic,

I have 2 12" C4 in a bandpass box. Each Sub is 600 watts and 4 ohms. I don't know a whole lot about car audio. I see you know what your talking about and was wondering what amp would be good for my subs. I just recently took out an AudioBahn amp. I believe it was 4omhs and 250 watt per I think,I can't remember exactly. My vehcile is a Mitsubishi Montero Sport suv.

Please help me out thanks.

-RitchDogg

Username: Ricanplaya

Miami, Fl Us

Post Number: 5
man EARTHQUAKES are da s h i t if u ask me .........

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4316
well what is your spending limit, are the subs svc 4 ohms, which im assuming they are, but at the moment the best amp i can think of is a jbl bp 1200.1 or jbl gto 1200.1, awesome stuff

Username: Ritchdogg

SC USA

Yes, the subs are 4 ohms. Thanks for the help. I'll look into the amps.

Big Jon
Unregistered guest
A lot of ya'll are sleeping on Alpine subs, there R & X types are bangers, plus there i the $200 price range, if you have a friend who works at Best Buy, they can get you R types for $105.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4320
well alpine subs are pretty good, the type rs are comparable to kicker comp vrs, oh but the alpines are twice as expensive, there x isnt realyl worth 500 bucks retail more like 250 or 300, thy are overpriced but look and go a good job sounding good.

Username: Ritchdogg

SC USA

Hey Subfanatic,

I bought the JBL GTO 1200.1 mono amp, I'll let you know how it sounds.

Once again thanks for the tip.

CreepingDeath
Unregistered guest
Since some of you might actually know what you are talking about from experience ..... I am wondering from anyone about amplifiers. I have 2 JL Audio w3v2s Dual 2 ohm. I'm looking at a kicker kx600.1 to amplify these beaches but I'm wondering if I can get a less costly amp for the job. I need something rated 600 watts RMS @ 2 ohms. Any help or recommendations would be cool.

Unregistered guest
sup everyone i have one 10"1500 watts rms sub immortal serie from audiobahn with a 2400 peak and 1200 rms audiobahn a2150HCT amps i push 169 dbl witch i think is pretty crazy for one 10 got it on ebay for a real good price check them out

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4327
DO, you made that uip, you would have world records in every state

Anonymous

Is JL 500/1 enough to power JL 10W7 or should I look for a 1000/1 amp or maybe another amp???

Pecker Breath
Unregistered guest
The 10w7 operates in a safe zone from usually 250-500 rms for one sub. A 500/1 should be a great combination for the 10 inch one but ... the sub can handle a few hundred higher ... if you go 1000 and beyond you will void your warranty if you blow that shiznit up.

Anonymous

Usually everyone tells me that 500/1 "yeah well it's ok but..." this sub can eat some power from what I've been told and the installer that'll do all the work in my car told me 1000/1 is the best alternative and 500/1 won't do the trick with the 10W7... also thought about DLS A6 that can put about 750-800W in 3ohm.This looks like the best amp for this 10W7 but still I am waiting for any opinions :-) Thanks!

Brad H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 03:15 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
its all good stuff, but tell me total money you can spend and ill do better

--
ok subfanatic this one is for you...
i know its been a while but i was gone to florida for vacation... i can spend like practically 4g's. this system is about $3000 for now... if you can create a very high spl system for under $4000 then that would be great. the guy who is selling me the shocker 3's says that my system should get around 151 dB. if you can get me higher than that for under $4000 then that would be so amazing. thanks so much for helping

-Brad

sterlingvisionik
Unregistered guest
is a visionik 15 inch 3000 watt sub any good?

Username: Zazabies

hey subfanatic!
i have a system which looks like this:

1. Pioneer P1Y Head Unit [6.5 volt]
2. Clif Designs 6.5 [front speaker]
3. Clif Designs 6.2 [rear speaker]
4. Clif Designs 600A [4x90W RMS 4x125W tested]
5. Clif Designs 700A [600W RMS 1200W tested]
6. Clif Designs 700A [600W RMS 1200W tested]
7. Clif Designs CD120C [600W RMS 4000W tested]
8. Stinger wiring [2AWG, 8 AWG...]
9. Capacitor Bank 20F Stinger
10. Battery AVR 80 Ampere
11. 1.25 sealed box =(

question.. what can i do to improve my system? i would like a more SQ sounded system.. what can i change from my previous set-up? i have a budget of $2500 for everything, cabling, head unit... this was a sponsored car btw and that's because of the clif and stinger accesories.. and my contract was finished.. so.. any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 457
Man you are in the league of extraordinary gentlemen, that's one pucker set-up.

My set is the
Kenwood KRF-X9050D Dolby dts digital decoding THX select
3x matching JBL control 5 175 watts each sen 89db for the front
2x Eltax HT-2 90 watts sen 87db for the side surrounds
2 x JBL control 5 175 watts each sen 89db for the side back surround
1x JBL HT-1F 120 watts sen 88db for the centre back surround
1x JBL MR centre 80 watts sen 87db for the upper centre channel
1x JBL 4645 600 watts sen 98db down to 20Hz professional cinema THX sub bass
2x Marantz 1050 amplifiers
1x Marantz 1030 amplifier
1x Pioneer VSP-200 for decoding the upper center channel as well as the front left and right
1x Yamaha DSR-70Pro for side centre back and height surrounds
1x Soundlab 2WEX active x-over for the centre channel, with more coming soon
1x Yamaha DSP-100 for the for pre-amplifying the signal for the centre channel
14x EQ's mostly Technics
1x Pioneer CLD-1750 laserdisc player PAL / NTSC
1x Pioneer CLD-2950 laserdisc player PAL /NTSC
1x Pioneer DV-525 region 2 DVD player
1x Sony DVP-S336 region 2 DVD player
1x Furguson videostar Hi-Fi NICAM VCR only used for playing ole VHS films but not much
1x Millennium 2.4.6 decoder not in present use

Gold Member

Post Number: 1445
Nice surround setup, but do you have anything to watch the video on??

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
Why thank you

Paul

And your Mitsubishi 65" HDTV looks nice rear projection is it not.

And like I said I'm not in a rush for a big TV monitor, video projector maybe when the price range drops, as for now the 25in Panasonic will have to suffice...

Remember I'm a former cinema projectionist, I do no what to look for & listen for, sound comes first Audio Visual lastly, all good things come to those who wait....

dugan
Unregistered guest
hey big bass bonics dude your rite my friend patrick hood had 8 10" pyramids in his amigio with 3000 watts running to it and i could hear him a mile away and for all you dumb a--es ditching on rockfords you well dumb a--es. i a single power hx2 12" 1000 rms 2000 max with a 300 ounce magnet that pushed 151db with a 1500 watt memphis apm and a 460 watt duel amp while the db were being measured i could see my wendows and roof flexing with the bass. turned it up some more and blew up every pannel of glass in my '94 trooper. and as for any one wondering about boxes vt is the only way to go

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
Oh please, spare us all, it ante rocket science to do this, why not ask your friend to stick two of these, on the side of his car.

You'll hear this pub's ho said 10 to 15 miles away....

As for the db range it will bend the needle.....
Or of the range +200dbA!!!!

That's of course he can afford them....$$$.$$$.$$$.$$$
Upload

Arizona Kid
Unregistered guest
Quick question subfanatic....I have an '06 Magnum RT and my dilema is (3)RF T212D2's or (3) JL 12W7's? and (3)T10001BD's or (3)JL 1000/1's?

Or can you give me a combo that would sound off in the back of this brand new RT?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4328
arizona kid, i would take the w7s just because its a better company AT THE PRESENT TIME, not always been that way, but i prefer the rf amps and the jl subs lol, i wouldnt mix n match them though, besides what you are are you looking for spl, or sq, i would also look into eclipse Ti's or some id maxs

Brad H, personally, do this, get 2 15 inch RE MT's, 509 dollers each shipped, get them QVC 1 ohm, then get 8 hifonics Bx1500d amps, and run each one to each voice coil giving each sub abour 6000 watts rms, that would kill the sigs

Anonymous

Ever gonna come back to the Car Audio forum Subfanatic?

Anonymous

I just got picked up my Lamborghini Countash last week and I was interested in getting a new sound system. What could I get the best sound quality and the most bass out of? I don't really care about price just quality...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1584
Drop it off at West Coast Customs.

They'll hook you up.

lol

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 349
"COUNTASH" is this a new model?

johnnypen0rbreath
Unregistered guest
2 Jl audio 10 inch w3v2's ...
which one
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lQaEg6pMLIj/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=037A8000T&id=rev iew
or
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=130&I=575P6001

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 458
subfanatic, i would stop posting and get your problems in the car audio forum straightened out. they think ur a jackoff con.

Unregistered guest
i see there is a varity of suggestions here. But heres what i got a sony cdx 7710 for a deck a sony 600 wt amp 4 channel and a sony 480 2 channel amp i am looking for 2 10's for a 2003 dodge quad cab 1500 ram. I not into a lot of bass just clear sound with the right amount of bass. also the door speakes are cerwin vega. Any suggestion would help.

Kenny24624624
Unregistered guest
Hey I'm really thinking about hooking my bazooka tube 10 inch up to my computer stereo system ... I just don't know how to do this ... anyone have any idea how this would happen?

B-TOWN BWOI
Unregistered guest
Are VISONIK subwoofers any good?

Unregistered guest
I need to know if memphis 10 in power reference subs are good.

popalock85
Unregistered guest
Subfanatic,
I have the Eclipse DA7232 pushing 1000watts to each of my MTX 9500 12's.
I'll let you know the numbers I put up as soon as I get a chance to hit up the New TermLab.

bubbasparkx
Unregistered guest
you guys should check out infinty kappa perfects...i got 2 12" subs in my little honda civic..feeds 350 to each from a kole audio amp....my trunk expands in time with the bass...i have 6 tickets in my glovebox for noise ordinance violations and one old woman tried to press charges on me for damaging her hearing (she already was deaf)....peace out

(thats in a bandpass box that meets the specs for my subs)

Unregistered guest
Hey whats up i was woundering whats the best subwoofers i can buy that will hit harder than anyones and u can hear it miles away i dont care how much it costs or what i want the best help me out guys.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4335
the parthenon...www.adireaudio.com but popalock, lol thats a really nice amp, wana sell it to me lol

Unregistered guest
what do u all think about rockford fosgate punch or the power series.

LFC92
Unregistered guest
Any One know where i can find Pimping Parts For My Buick Regal. Subs, Grills, Any Thing Nice

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 704
I know.....the car audio forum.

Anonymous

hey i have 2 12" rockford t1's hitting 145 db would adding a 15" t2 be stupid and sound bad or no, and if i did get the t2 what amp would be good for it?

JLguy
Unregistered guest
JL has by far the best subs around i have a 10" w7 it may be a good bit of money but it out thumps my friend's 3 mtx 12's.

Unregistered guest
rockford fosgate is the best!!!!

Username: Xkawn

i also have two infinity perfects 12.1's and these subs are amazing. i have a jeep wranglser with 4 4's up front and 2 6.5's in the over head sound bar (all of which are jbl power series). i have a rockford fosgate 200.4 pushing those and a fosgate power 850 pushing the perfects in the trunk with a capaciter for the woofer amp. the system is amazing. you can hear it a few blocks away.....

Anonymous

Orion H2! their sub hits 2000 rms and 2500 peak! unlike the the 13.5 w7 which only does 1500 rms 2000 peak! and fosgate sucks! their T1s only hit 600 rms and 1200 peak! and their stuff blows easly! image dynamics is a clean sq sub but it has no power! oh and "Subfanatic" alpine type rs are alot better than kicker comps! read some specs, own some subs then tell it like it is bro! dont miss lead people! but even the type r's are weak!

Unregistered guest
jus wondrin wat kind of system i should put into my toyata 4runner..i was thinkin about puttin 3 15" solobaric's in da back..but im open for sugesstions..matter fact plez give suggestions!!!!hola back subfantic..im lookin for my system to have mad bass but i still wanna hear my music when i turn my bass down..i listen to rap and hiphop..so yea jus tryin to make sum haeds bang

sub sonic
Unregistered guest
if ur looking for some real subs with real bass do not go with the solarbaric! it does not even compair 2 orions! the solarbaric has a heavy cone to support the square design! try some DD's or some cerwin strokers! if u can afford them consider the orions because they hit twice as hard as the solarbaric! trust me I sold and installed all most every sub in the market! and the orioins impresed me the most!

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4700
anon, AHHAHA are u seriously trying to talk about car audio to me, first off you a complete babbling MORON!!!!!.... jl 13 w7 will smoke the H@ with easy, actually come to think about it the T1s would be close to. and just to let you know, since you obviously dont already. power means nothing in power of a sub, some audiobahn subs have 2000 watts rms, the eclipse Ti is 750 watts rms, it will easily beat all those subs in spl. also. the kicker comp vr definently is better than the type r. wanna hear some stats moron. The comp vr has less displacement but makes up for it in sheer motor strength, tahts all you need know

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 947
Sub, I've been away from your side over there so long. I see you came to your senses and went with JL, congrats man. They absolutely slam don't they?

Tombo3241
Unregistered guest
Yo... lemme know if you guys think I should put in a 18 inch treo CSX subwoofer with a kicker amp....

Silver Member

Post Number: 785
Tombo3241

Man I'm just a little puzzled, can you place a picture of these items on the page for all to see.

As I have no idea what it looks like.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 353
this is what the Treo CSX looks like
Upload

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 391
if you can afford a CSX subwoofer, then you can afford a better amp:-)

Username: Deepquake15

Deland, Florida Us

ill b new 2 the driveing scence and i have 2 15 " zeus's and i was wondering if any 1 knows there quality. I was also wondering if any 1 knows if they r made 4 deep bass . if not waht would b the cheapest way 2 go 4 deep bass?

kartune
Unregistered guest
so everyone thinks that the w7's are good subs..but what about any audiobann subs are they good at all...also i hear a alot of talk about subs and amps, but what about wires and hookups..who is better tsunami or stinger

Deland, Florida Us

has any 1 heard of The MTX Jackhammer.....that monster iz 22" 369 lbs and will pound any speaker u own in2 the ground...n any 1 who doubts it iz krazy.
I have 2 zeus 15's do they knock hard or r they just junk ? i need 2 kno b 4 i put them in my car ......n what iz the cheapest way 2 go 4 good sounding deep bass ?!?!?!?

Deland, Florida Us

Upload ....here it iz ....try n get up wit it ...WWW.thetrue22.com

Tombo3241
Unregistered guest
Yo... Haha Im going with the 2500 watt Kicker AMP b/c they can take a beating... Plus I got the CSX at 1/2 price :-) check out my car domain... ill let you know when i put the picture of the finish piece in http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1650603

Tombo3241
Unregistered guest
Yo... Haha Im going with the 2500 watt Kicker AMP b/c they can take a beating... Plus I got the CSX at 1/2 price :-) check out my car domain... ill let you know when i put the picture of the finish piece in http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1650603

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 481
the CSX is rated at only 1200 watts rms, but it is also able to take a tone burst(which is on average about 2 to 3 seconds) from any commercially available amplifier. i don't think it will have any SQ. so your system will sound like CRAP, but don't get me wrong, it will be VERY loud. but it wont sound as good for everyday listening as opposed to a TREO SSX, which can handle 2000 watts rms.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1935
talk about your kiddy bullshit car toys on the audio forum.

tombo3241
Unregistered guest
This Sub is the only one like it tho a one of a kind make... its not as hard and in bouncier so it will sound good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us