Help please

Username: Erushnak

Post Number: 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me first say I am fairly new to this and did not install my system for this reason. I had it put in at a dealer so I assumed it would work correctly. All the parts are alpine, MRP-M350 amp and a SWS1042D sub. The problem is whenever I try to listen with the sub on high it cuts out and stops. I then have to turn off the deck and turn it back on for it to work but I can never get close to the full potential out of this thing before it cuts. Everything else continues but the sub stops. Is there just something someone forgot to do?

Im going to call the dealer tommorow and see what they have to say but seeing as I live far away Im hoping I can get this fixed myself. Although since I said I wanted a 12 and not a 10 I'll end up having to go back again because they gave me the wrong one. I seriously hope they plan on giving me some major discount for all the bs they are putting me through.

Not sure if its important but I did get a deck and 4 speakers with it.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 186
sounds as if the gains are set to high on the amp and it's clipping out putting the amp into protect. try turning the gains back a bit to maybe 1/2 or 3/4 and see if that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us