Rockford

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 14
How are rockford subs and amps?????i'm thinkin bout getting this package , tell me if you think its a good deal plz.. thx http://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=978&HS=1

Username: Kwdnls

Post Number: 3
Well, the amps are easily one of the best, hands down. I have always had a RF amp for the last 3 years and I constintly murder anyone with same amp RMS range and similar subs. Now as far as the subs you picked, MY experience with RF subs are that they are not on that high of a level. But the ones you picked are a high grade than the ones I had. So you might be alright. If I were you, I would get either different subs or get the 15 inch version of the 12s you picked. Buying them seperately, it comes to about $690. You package was only $630. That way you use the most out of your amp, without blowing your speakers. The 15s are about 600RMS each and the amp is 1025 RMS.
I hope my babbling helps
/Rant

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I was thinkin bout just sellin the subs on e-bay and gettin some a MTX Trio.. thx for respoding though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Ok now the MTX 1501 D Puts out more than this Rockford and is cheeper which is better and would last longer though?

greerb
Unregistered guest
I have been using Rockford for about 4 years and I have no complaints. I have a power 800a2 and 2 10" HE2's in the back of a Focus hatch, it pounds needless to say.

Post Number: 4
The research I see says that the Rockford puts out more. MTX amps are all right but I have seen many comps won with Rockford.
How much did you find the MTX for?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
$399 http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=362&1=363&3=2169

Post Number: 5
No one I know has had a MTX amp. I know they are alright. Ecoustics.com has it at 1000 RMS but the other site says 1500 RMS. Do more reseach and if it is 1500 RMS, go with that. Just remember to turn the gain down or you will blow the subs like that *snaps*

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1911
The MTX Class D amps are better than the Rockford Punchs IMO. From cracking both, I've seen better materials used in the MTX's, and better circuit design. Search reviews of them, you won't find many say bad about them, they're relatively cheap, solid amps with great SQ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thx Jonathan..I think i'll prolly go with the MTX amp and some MTX encloused subs

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 617
I have 3 RF HE's and 700W RMS RF amp feedin them, trust me they bump. Got to love RF. My friend also had a Rockford 400W RMS amp, it was in his dads car, 10 or so years ago. Now it is pushing some JL's, that thing still lasts and puts out. I say Rockford is up on Quality control.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us