Advise needed please.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I have 2 12" Subs. Each are 2000watts. Any suggestions on what type of Amp I should get. I dont want to spend more then $250.

Anonymous

2k watts, damn. I can only tell you dont go with Boss and hope your battery doesnt die. lol

Anonymous

Say you have to best damn 2k sub, no 250 dollars amp is going to make it sound good.

Bottom line
good system =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
bad system = waste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RERT
Unregistered guest
If you want to spend no more than $250 for your amp... I doubt your subs are even 400watts rms each. What subs are they? I guess you looked at max ratings instead of rms...

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 591
I dont think you made a good decision with those subs. I think you should sell them or trade for some subs a little smaller. I mean you wont be able to find a AMP for $300 to push both those sub, you wont even find on to push one of them. 2000W RMS is a lot of power needed, plus you got 2 subs. I would get smaller subs, like around 300 W RMS and for $300 buck you could fing a good 600W RMS amp to push them, like mabey a MTX, JBL or Rockford. You may want to consider getting a mono amp and run the two subs in paralell. Usually you can get mono amps cheaper. I say $300 bucks cause you probably going to have to spend a little more.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 592
I dont mean smaller like 12" to 10" i mean Wattage down.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1855
What kind of subs are they?

Anonymous

Jonathan: They are Audiobahn ALUM12Q 12".

Pat Lorenz: They are not 2000watt RMS, They are 1000 RMS. 2000watt max

I am only spending $250 cus I get hooked up by my friend; I guess you can say im looking to spend around $500

Thx for the advise guys, but i really only need a amp model number and name. If you say i need to spend more, then i will. But please help :-)

Anonymous

Oh and also, i know boss sucks and all, but the PD-4000 AMP can support my 2 subs and it is really cheap.

Anony
Unregistered guest
Forget about those subs, try to sell it if you can or return it if that's possible. I would use the 500 to build a different setup, 2 vmax(200) or 2 shiva(250), kicker 600.1(250) or jbl600.1 then 50 for the box.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 221
umm... I'd try and pick up a used JBL BP1200.1 on Ebay and hope for the best. At least that way if you decide you don't like those subs you'll be all set to power some really good ones. Seems like those subs would have to be real pigs not to like 600w RMS each tho.

Here ya go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5722311351 %26

It'll probably blow that Boss away anyways if you don't mind used with a few scratches.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 222
Yeah I really didn't want to be the one to say it first, but yeah if "return" is an option it might be a good one at that.

thanks Anony :-)

-Fishy

Anonymous

Return is an option, but i dont want to take it. These subs are bad a$$. Just tell me if there is an amp that will support these subs. And if there isnt an amp that will, should i get 2 amps. One for each sub?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1871
Return is your best option honestly. Much better can be had. Bad a$$ isn't exactly an adjective I'd put in the same sentence as those subs. Sorry, just the truth. Power gobblers, horrible SQ, mediocre SPl, especially for the power you give them. Also inferior build quality and poor reliability. But anyway, that JBL 1200.1 is about the cheapest good amp you'll get, you won't find too many amps that truly put out that much power with your budget.

Username: Thyde0045

Post Number: 1
I need help. Can i replace my stock amplifier with an aftermarket one and keep all the wireing the same. I have a 1992 Ford Explorer Premium Sound. I have a Rockford Fosgate head unit Alpine 40W RMS @ 4OHMS speakers and im replaceing my stock amp with an Eclipse 4 channel 50W RMS @ 4OHMS. I know exactly where my stock amp is and know how to get to it so i just want to remove it and put the new one in and i just wanted to make sure it would work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us